To support the Customer Service Finance Manager in the efficient and effective provision
of a comprehensive finance function, including all aspects of the annual estimates
process, budget maintenance, monitoring, control and reporting and the year end closing
of accounts, in accordance with statutory requirements and the Council's policies and
procedures. To deputise for the Customer Service Finance Manager in relation to all
aspects of the finance function as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. To assist with the efficient and complete preparation of detailed revenue and capital
expenditure and income budgets in conjunction with operational managers and
Finance Managers, in line with the Council's policies and procedures.
2. To assist with the development, maintenance and review of budget monitoring, control,reconciliation and reporting in conjunction with operational managers and to contribute
to the continuous improvement of departmental systems in line with financial best
practice as required by the Customer Service Finance Manager.
3. To assist with reviewing and improving the development of local commitment
monitoring financial and activity systems used by operational managers to ensure
consistency, effective reconciliation and financial best practice.
4. To be responsible for assisting with the efficient and timely completion of specific tasks within the annual closing of accounts process, including the preparation and
submission of grant claims and the on-going maintenance, reconciliation and review of
the accounts for specific areas of responsibility.
5. To be responsible for assisting with the preparation, analysis and provision of accurate financial and management information to be included in statutory returns and reports, in line with statutory requirements and the Council's policies and procedures.
6. To assist with supporting effective liaison with the Finance teams and budget holders in relation to timely and accurate budget monitoring, control, reconciliation and reporting.
If interested in this role please send your CV to Jahker Miah at Coyle Personnel Ltd