Robert Walters Group: Interim Finance Assistant - Dudley - Permanent equivalent salary £20,000
I'm currently working alongside a leading business in Dudley in their recruitment of a Finance Assistant. The role is being recruited on an interim basis with the perm equivalent salary of £20k. This role is a great opportunity for someone who has started there AAT qualification, you will be supporting the finance function with the day-to-day financial activities.
Key Responsibilities of the Finance Assistant:
* Payment of invoices, including liaising with suppliers over queries.
* Process any journal transfers as instructed by the accountants.
* Assist with the checking of new supplier details and create/amend supplier information as necessary.
* Assist with collating monthly management reports and all accounts.
* Process weekly bank statements and record transitions to excel resolving any queries which arise from this.
* Process weekly BACs and Cheques payment runs.
* Identifying any prepayments and accruals on invoices.
* Raise sales invoices as instructed and ensure payment is received.
* Distribute monthly credit card statement to users and collate evidence for audit purposes.
* Respond to routine enquiries (face to face, telephone, in writing) on behalf of the team/managers as appropriate.
* Assist with preparation for year-end processes and procedures.
About you as the Finance Assistant:
* Must have a clear DBS
* Good understanding of MS Excel
* Knowledge of debits/credits is essential
* High attention to deal
* AAT Level 2 qualification is desirable
* Excellent communication skills
* Immediately available or available to start work on a short notice
If you want to be considered for this role, all applicants must submit CVs online or send to