COMPETITIVE SALARY + OVERTIME + BENEFITS
Supplying to the industrial, commercial, and private sector, my client is a leading supplier of power distribution solutions throughout the UK. They have an opportunity for an experienced Mechanical / Electrical Fitter to carry out in-house production fitting/assembly, wiring and testing of power transformers.
* Your core duties will be the fitting of various types of distribution and power transformers
* You will prepare work to be accomplished by studying assembly instructions, blueprint specifications, and parts lists, gathering parts, subassemblies, tools and materials.
* You will assemble components by examining connections for correct fit, fastening parts and subassemblies
* You will be expected to maintain the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality ensuring products are produced and delivered OTIF to the customers' requirements.
* You will check and complete all paperwork associated with the works order
* Performance of area housekeeping activities, including the prompt reporting of problems shortages or equipment breakdown
* Using general workshop machinery and hand tools related the fitting role
* Quality inspection of colleagues' output.
* Apprentice Trained & Time Served
* Hands on experience of working within a mechanical / electrical engineering environment is essential
* Experience of fitting power transformers is essential
* The ability to understand mechanical and schematic drawings
* A mechanical or electrical qualification is an advantage
* Experience of working within a continuous improvement environment
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Able to work in a team or independently
* Strong attention to detail skills
Salary & Benefits:
* Competitive Salary
* 33 Days holiday including Bank Holidays
* Days only 9-day fortnight
Week 1: 7.45am - 4.45pm Monday to Thursday
Week 2: 7.45am - 4.45pm Monday to Thursday, 7.45am - 3.15pm Friday
2 x 10-minute paid breaks, 1 x 30-minute unpaid lunch break
* Overtime available
* Bonus Scheme
* Pension Scheme
* Healthcare Scheme
* Canteen facility
* On site parking