As an experienced Project Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Working on one/two consecutive projects- site based.
* Co-ordinating the structural steel package from initial concept stage through the construction and completion phases.
* Management and supervision of site team, engineers and commercial team's, reporting directly to the Contracts Manager.
* Management of subcontractor selection and on-site progress
* Monitoring working practices including the implementation of risk control measures.
* Managing the activities of employees and sub-contractors to ensure works are carried out safely and in accordance with quality specifications.
* Plan, maintain and control the financial administration of all construction work to obtain and maintain maximum cost effectiveness
* Ensure Senior Management are keep updated with site progress and commercial issues
* Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks
* Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
* To ensure that a robust system of site records for all labor, plant, materials, etc are kept as support for cost substantiation in the event of change and or delays to the contract works.
* Assist in the preparation of project final accounts
* Actively participate in site project meetings and ensure that all commercial matters are discussed and problems investigated and resolved
* Involvement in job procurement and future expansion within the UK market
* Comply with company procedures with respect to reporting safety, quality, schedule and cost related issues.
Applicants will be required to demonstrate:
* Minimum of 5 years' experience within the construction industry, structural steel experience being a distinct advantage.
* Preferably a Degree qualified in Construction Management, Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent engineering qualification.
* Previous Project Management experience preferable.
* Experience in a wide variety of contracts, within the residential and industrial sector
* The ability to prioritize multiple concurrent projects under stringent time, quality and budgetary constraints
* Ability to read and understand technical specifications and drawings
* Detailed working knowledge and experience in technical elements of structural steel fabrication and erection a distinct advantage.
* A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach
* Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
* Driven and dynamic approach with long term career development focus
* Competent working knowledge of Microsoft project, Navisworks, Excel, AutoCAD
* € Negotiable depending on experience.