What You Do At AMD Changes Everything
At AMD, we push the boundaries of what is possible. We believe in changing the world for the better by driving innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies - building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the data center.
Developing great technology takes more than talent: it takes amazing people who understand collaboration, respect, and who will go the "extra mile" to achieve unthinkable results. It takes people who have the passion and desire to disrupt the status quo, push boundaries, deliver innovation, and change the world. If you have this type of passion, we invite you to take a look at the opportunities available to come join our team.T He R Ole
This Senior Engineer will lead a team of engineers working on CPU architecture, microarchitecture, RTL design, and performance modeling and analysis. They will help make AMD's ambitious future CPU roadmap a reality while working at the cutting edge of technology.T He P Erson
The ideal candidate for the Cores team will be able to foster a highly innovative and collaborative environment. They will be comfortable working across teams and domains with colleagues in physical design, logical verification, hardware emulation, SOC/system-level architecture, and silicon debug. They are a team player with strong communication and organization skills. They can participate in project leadership at both a strategic and tactical level, as well as driving progress and methodological best practices, with an eye towards results and attention to detail for quality sign-off.K Ey R Esponsibilities
P Referred E Xperience
- Lead a team of experienced engineers innovating microarchitecture and RTL design for next-generation high-performance processor cores
- Lead a team of experienced engineers performing cycle-accurate core performance simulator development, workload and trace analysis, and RTL vs performance model correlation
- Collaborate with a dedicated team of hardware and software engineers to develop novel features to optimize the performance of CPU microarchitecture
A Cademic C Redentials
- Experience leading teams developing microarchitecture and performance modeling for complex and high-performance processors
- Verilog RTL development with industry tools in a CPU, SOC or ASIC environment
- Cycle-accurate microarchitecture performance simulator development
- Pre-silicon performance analysis
- Computing software, including operating systems, compilers, and applications
- Familiarity with the physical design and verification process, including power-saving techniques, synthesis, place and route, and timing closure
- Proven background and thought leadership in computer architecture development, as demonstrated by patents, publications, and product features
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Masters or PhD is preferred/desirable.
- Relevant industry experience is preferred/desirable.
United Kingdom Province: