We are looking for a dynamic, customer-oriented Technical Account Manager
to be the technical expert within Aptum for their named customers, working in the best interests of the customer and their business needs. In this particular role you will be managing some of our largest hosted, cloud and hybrid EMEA customers as their named technical contact. You will also be responsible for assisting with other customers on an ad hoc basis, primarily in relation to Azure solutions.
Reporting to the Manager, Global Customer Advocacy, you will be working in a global team of Technical Account Managers and Customer experience Managers variously based in the UK, the US and Canada.
We are searching for a highly motivated individual who thrives in an exciting and constantly changing environment, can lead change through cross-functional teams and has the creative and innovative mindset required to get the job done. You will be the customer champion during crisis situations, you will handle direct customer inquiries, lead on technical service reviews alongside the Customer Experience Manager and Account Manager, and will perform system administration duties, reviews and change management as required by your customers.Responsibilities
Experience & Competencies
- Provide expert consultation on your customers' hosted, cloud, or hybrid solution and make recommendations for improvement so that it better meets their business requirements
- Enable our support teams (Service Desk, NOC, DBAs etc..) to respond appropriately to individual customer issues through maintenance of runbooks, monitoring configuration, and other solution documentation
- Build close relationships with the technical representatives in your customers' organisations
- Assist customers with assessing their readiness for Cloud and helping to define a path to migration
- Assisting with migration of customers into Cloud environments
- Keeping current with new and developing Cloud products, services and technologies, and making appropriate and on-going recommendations to your customer base
- Perform systems administration of your customer solutions where required
- Troubleshoot or crisis-manage customer issues and produce Root Cause Analysis reports where required
- Escalate trouble tickets and handle calls directly from named customers
- Perform problem diagnosis and resolution
- Conduct proactive analysis and offer optimization recommendations
- Occasional availability to oversee or perform out of hours scheduled activities or escalations (compensated through overtime payments)
- Ensure high customer satisfaction during any new installation or support process implementation
- Support the Account Manager and Customer Experience Manager to deliver a great Customer Experience for your named customers
- 3 years in a premier customer support role or IT Service Desk
- Demonstrable experience of dealing directly with end-customers
- Demonstrable technical project oversight experience
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Windows systems administration
- Knowledge of RDBMS systems (MySQL/MS SQL) and familiarity with clustering technologies
- Knowledge of common TCP/IP protocols such as HTTP(s), SSH, DNS, FTP and SMTP.
- Experience working with virtualised environments (VMware, Hyper-V)
- Knowledge of networking (firewalls, load balancers, VPNs, proxies)
- Ability to work effectively with internal departmental members and peers from other departments.
- Must demonstrate the capacity and desire for continued, independent learning.
- Polished professional with demonstrable organization and follow-up skills
- Excellent customer relationship and written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple activities/projects simultaneously
- Proactive notification ability for technical issues
Required Education & Certification
- Knowledge in Azure and/or AWS or cloud certification
- Knowledge of backup solutions (Tivoli, Veeam, Zerto)
- Knowledge of CMS (Drupal, Magento, Wordpress)
- Knowledge of security (WAFs, DDoS, SSL certificates)
- Knowledge of SNMP based monitoring systems
- Any certifications such as RHCSA/RHCE, VCP etc.
Benefits and Perks
- Azure AZ-104 certification is an asset
- Competitive Vacation Policy
- Birthdays are off (we call it "Duvet Days")
- Health Club Discounts & Quarterly Reimbursements
- Education Reimbursements
- Paid Benefits
- Community Days