Our Client,UK's leading property development company has a role for a Finance Director.The FD is a key member of the regional management team (BUMT), acting in a business-wide role to proactively support the Managing Director (MD) to maximise delivered value. The Finance Director will have a deep level of operational knowledge, to enable critical review and challenge of key decisions and information across all functional disciplines within the business unit (BU).
BU Leadership responsibilities
* Partnering the MD on all new business decisions, including land acquisitions. Review all aspects of the scheme (e.g., LPE) with the BUMT, critically assessing if the venture is the best use of capital, in line with strategy and the company ethos. Sign off the financial models, having considered financing options and cash flows, timescales, tax implications and accounting implications. Write the final recommendation to the MD which considers all aspects of the deal, including technical, commercial, sales, as well as finance elements.
* Obtain a true understanding of costs and risks for each site, drawing on knowledge from regular site visits. With this background, provide active review and challenge of the costs incurred to date/ cost to complete projections for each site (Cost Value Reconciliations (CVR) prepared by the Commercial team). Attend P&L meetings, and, challenge whether cost excesses/savings are expected and should be recognised. Look for trends in production differences, necessary fixes and expected cost changes.
* Working with the Production and Sales Directors, ensure the sequence of site delivery considers the appropriate risk factors, but optimises site ROCE.
KEY FINANCE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive discussion at the BUMT board, by presenting analysis, insight and interpretation of performance against business plan. Draw out the operational deliverables needed to allow the business to meet targets and optimise value.
* Specify both business performance and financial measures, aimed at monitoring the drivers of performance. Interpret data and identify trends, making recommendations that aim to deliver an improved result. Lead frequent BUMT discussion, incorporating whether action should be taken.
* Lead a rigorous discussion with the BUMT board around site-specific and strategic risks and opportunities facing the business.
* Lead the forecasting process for the business, through continuous engagement with the BUMT. Review the operational assumptions with the BUMT, ensuring decisions drive optimal business value and are realistic.
Key partner for the new site appraisal process providing financial oversight and challenge to assumptions made. Together with the BUMT, attend site visits to review progress promoting
* Qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA
* Considerable post-qualified experience gained from both business finance/performance roles and accounting & financial control roles.
* Experience must include Financial accounting and leading month end close, building or operating in a control framework, evidence of responding to and working with external auditors, providing analysis, forecasting and planning, supporting and challenging businesses to make optimal operational and performance decisions.
* Experience may include M&A activity, business risk management, external audit, systems implementations.
* Financial support for business deals (e.g., new contracts, M&A etc.)
* Experience of successfully leading and developing a team
* a positive approach with site managers.
BPIC working on behalf of the Client, our mission is to increase the participation of black and ethnic individuals in the Construction / Real Estate / Built Environment industry whilst also empowering and educating individuals along the way. We champion the importance of diversity within our industry by directly providing solutions for organizations to create inclusive work environments and attract a diverse workforce. BPIC is dedicated to delivering solutions for participants that work in all areas of the industry from major infrastructure projects, fit-outs, SMEs to specialist professionals that support our industry such as Technology, Law & Finance etc