We have an exciting opportunity for a Volunteer Journey Executive to join our team based in Gilwell Park, Chingford, London with Hybrid Working Options. We will offer you a competitive salary of £36,712 per annum, Band F, Level 3 (inclusive of Outer London Weighting).
We're Scouts and everyone's welcome here - all genders, races and backgrounds. Right across the UK, we help over 400,000 young people aged 4-25 gain skills for life and find their place in the world. We help them speak up, play their part and shine bright.
The Volunteer Journey Executive Role:
The volunteer journey describes a volunteer's path through Scouts. It starts from the moment they are first recruited and welcomed into the movement, through how they learn and develop, and are supported and valued.
This role will work as part of a team of volunteer and staff colleagues to design and develop processes and support resources which transform our volunteers' experience.
Key responsibilities as our Volunteer Journey Executive:
- Lead on the co-creation and delivery of new processes, systems and support resources to achieve the goals of the People Programme of work
- Organise and support user engagement including recruiting participants, designing co-creation, testing and piloting methods, and delivering these with existing and potential volunteers
- Work with partners from the voluntary sector and use good practice to influence the development of the volunteer journey
- Work closely with the wider Volunteer Journey team to ensure the journey is joined up, feeding into other relevant areas of work, and communicating learning and dependencies
- Liaise with staff teams across the organisation in particular Communications, Digital Transformation, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, and Safe Scouting to coordinate with other transformation projects and deliver these effectively to local Scouting
- Work closely with staff and volunteer colleagues to manage the transition of new processes and systems as they become live, and support their roll out
- Act autonomously to deliver on stretching objectives related to the volunteer journey design and development, maintaining a strong understanding of the organisation's strategy and theory of change
What we are looking for in our Volunteer Journey Executive:
- Ability to collaborate across an organisation with both staff and volunteer teams t
- Ability to co-create solutions and sustain productive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Proactive in approach to project design and delivery, with strong project management skills
- Ability to apply project management and service design methodology
- Creative and innovative and can react to emerging thinking and adapt accordingly
- Experience of working with volunteers, in a volunteering or similar organisation
- Experience of developing processes and support resources for volunteers.
- Knowledge and understanding of current volunteering trends, challenges and solutions
- Knowledge and understanding of learning and development programmes for volunteers
- Experience of supporting the design and delivery of activities related to volunteer experience, demonstrating innovative thinking and the creation of new solutions
- Experience of process development and measurement, including undertaking user research
- Experience of leading and delivering complex projects with multiple stakeholders
What we can offer you as our Volunteer Journey Executive:
- 25 days holiday and going up to 28 days after 2 years' service and 32 days after 5 years' service
- Additional holidays between Christmas & New Year
- Life Assurance
- Simply Health Scheme
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Free car parking
We are proud to be a family-friendly employer and offer...
- Up to four personal days paid leave a year
- Maternity/Paternity Leave
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Store Discount at our Scout Store + other online benefits
- Study and volunteer leave
Closing date: Sun, 26 June 2022, 23:59
Don't miss out on the opportunity to join our fantastic team! Click 'Apply' now!
The Scouts is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to diversity and actively seeking applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.
Strictly no agencies