Wargrave Pre-School is a small charity run Pre-School located in the heart of this Berkshire Thames side village.
Due to internal progression, we are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join us as Deputy Pre-School Manager. You would be working as part of a small very friendly team of highly committed individuals to provide the highest levels of childcare possible.
We are located within Wargrave Recreation Grounds which is within easy reach of Henley-on Thames, Maidenhead, Reading and Wokingham.
We are looking for someone with a minimum of one year's experience with at least a Level 3 qualification. The role is full time, 40 hours per week, term time only (38 weeks).
Job Description for Deputy Pre-School Manager
Reports to: Pre-School Manager
* To deliver a high standard of learning, development and care for children aged 0-5 years.
* To deputise for the Pre-School Manager.
* To supervise and appraise Pre-School staff as directed
* To ensure that the Pre-School is a safe environment for children, staff and others.
* To develop partnerships with parents/carers to increase involvement in their child's development.
* To be responsible for any tasks delegated by the Pre-School Manager
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
* To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, at all times.
* To deliver an appropriate play based Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum that enables children to make individual progress and to support other staff in doing so
* To help ensure the preschool Pre-School meets Ofsted requirements at all times.
* To undertake designated officer roles as directed.
* To undertake appraisals and supervisions as directed
* To work with other professionals in the local area for the benefit of children and families
* To understand and work to preschool Pre-School policies and procedures, including how to deal with child protection issues appropriately and how to respond to incidents, accidents, complaints and emergencies
* To plan activities which ensure each child is working towards the early learning goals and support others in doing so
* To be a key person.
* To ensure records are properly maintained
* To liaise closely with parents/carers, informing them about the Pre-School and its curriculum, exchanging information about children's progress and encouraging parents' involvement.
* Attend monthly committee meetings, fortnightly staff meetings and regular management meetings.
* To undertake any other reasonable duties as directed, in accordance with the preschool aims and objectives
Person Specification for Deputy Pre-School Manager
Education & Qualifications
Minimum Level 3 qualification in Children and Young Peoples Workforce or equivalent
Food Hygiene Certificate
Paediatric First Aid
Excellent working knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and current Ofsted statutory guidance.
At least one year's recent relevant experience
Sound knowledge of Safeguarding.
Knowledge and proven practical experience of implementing good quality learning
Two or more years relevant experience
Knowledge of Special Educational Needs
Skills & Attributes
Empathy and understanding of children under five.
Excellent verbal and communication skills with children and parents.
Ability to write reports and keep clear and accurate records.
Excellent organizational skills
Administrative and basic IT skills
Calm and caring nature
Ability to work as part of a team
Able to work on own initiative
Reliable, enthusiastic, and flexible
A commitment to quality in all areas, with a high level of motivation and enthusiasm Able to perform under stress
A creative thinker
A good sense of humour
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and does require a full DBS (Disclosure Barring Scheme). Applicants must be prepared to disclose any convictions they may have and any orders which have been made against them