• SEN School based in Redbourn
• Autism Specialist
• Full time- Starting ASAP or in September
• £70- £80 per day
• Working 1:1 with a year 7 pupil
Teaching Personnel are working closely with a School based in Redbourn who are seeking a Learning Support Assistant with has experience working with Autism. The SEN department are looking for an experienced Teaching Assistant to join them ASAP. They have asked Teaching Personnel to find them a candidate for the role who can fit straight into the department and support the pupil on a 1:1 basis.
This SEN school has a number of children with a mix of Special Needs but in particular children with high and low functioning autism. The school is currently looking for an LSA to assist the teacher within the classroom. They need someone to build strong relationships with the students and colleagues, bring new ideas to the table and to track the progress of the children within the class Facilities and resources are purely built around the needs of these well deserving children, who would not otherwise have such an opportunity to strive, learn and grow.
About The Role
• The SEN department has a small number of pupils who are in there on a daily basis, the department is really well supported with a mixture of experienced Teaching Assistants & Teachers, along with enthusiastic Teaching Assistants who are either graduates or candidates who have a passion for working with SEN in education.
• Due on the complexity of the needs of the students, they would not typically work alongside the national curriculum. There is a focus on personal physical, emotional and social development.
• You will be joining an experience SEN department that is supportive throughout, with great facilities and the access to CPD courses through Teaching Personnel.
If you are interested in applying for the role, please contact Teaching Personnel.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see (url removed)/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.