Action For Children
Akton recruitment has an exciting opportunity for an Early Years Assistant under 21 to join the team at Action For Children.
Our vision is that every child and young person in the country has a safe and happy childhood. To help us achieve this, the role will:
Work as part of a team to create an environment in which children's individual needs are met and high standards of care are provided, which meet the requirements set out in the Early Years Foundation Stage.
Action for Children protects and supports children and young people, providing practical and emotional care and support, ensuring their voices are heard, and campaigning to bring lasting improvements to their lives. To help us achieve this, the role will:
1. Provide learning programmes for individual or groups of children appropriate to their needs and developmental stages in accordance with Early Years legislation and guidance.
2. Prepare and supervise dedicated areas/rooms within the setting on specific working patterns through planning, managing ratio of children, provision of a stimulating and appropriate range of activities and ensuring health and care needs are met.
3. Assume the role of a key person to a group of children and work in partnership with parents/carers, catering for all children's individual needs; observing, planning and evaluating development activities; keeping accurate records and maintaining regular contact and communication with parents.
4. Develop productive working relationships with parents/carers, resulting in the appropriate sharing of information and consultation with regards to the needs and developmental progress of the children.
5. nsure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children, encouraging positive self-image in children and their family regardless of cultural heritage, race, religious beliefs, disability or gender.
6. Maintain a high standard of health and safety requirements in the setting adhering to legislative and organisational guidance.
7. Support students undertaking training or work experience in an appropriate and positive manner during their practical placements or providing guidance and direction to less experienced colleagues.
8. Contribute to the effective financial management of the setting through maintaining reputation, utilising resources effectively and promoting the setting with parents/community.
9. Be alert to child protection and safeguarding issues and inform appropriate line managers of concerns in line with safeguarding policies and procedures.
10. Demonstrate awareness and a clear understanding of own role and areas of responsibility.
11. Understand and comply with all nursery policies and procedures, and relevant legislative requirements, informing management immediately of any instances of non-compliance or variations. in practices.
per hour umbrella rate
£9.18 Umbrella Rate ph