Marketing Manager Banking - UK Financial Services
Hello there, yes - you! Are you looking for that next step in your career? How about joining EY as part of our UK Brand, Marketing and Communications team?
We're looking for a Marketing Manager to come on board and help us support Dan Cooper, the UK Banking Leader, and his senior Partners with producing, delivering and advising on a number of strategic pieces of content, events and campaigns. The opportunity
Based in our Canary Wharf office, you will be responsible for developing and executing the marketing plans for the UK Banking & Capital Markets (BCM) sector, in line with the UK Financial Services (UK FS) campaigns and growth priorities. You will also deliver on high profile projects with the help of the Global Delivery Service (GDS) team and UK Marketing Executives, reporting into Dan Cooper and Jag Chana, the UK Financial Services Marketing Leader.
Being part of such a dynamic and fast paced industry, your role will be crucial in helping the business respond to industry issues and to deliver against its strategic priorities. You will be working directly with the BCM Leader, BCM Partners and the BCM Accounts, Industries and Business Development team. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- No one day will be the same in this role as you will get involved in a wide range of projects that will require you to:
- Build stakeholder relationships with the BCM Partners and account leads, in particular, Dan Cooper
- Understand the business priorities and campaigns for BCM and identify the key industry issues
- Develop the UK BCM marketing plan and ensure it is aligned to the UK FS strategy
- Plan and deliver high profile BCM marketing campaigns, that are focused on strategic offerings and are designed to build revenue, with an innovative mindset
- Plan and deliver an event plan to support the UK BCM growth areas
- Act as a strategic marketing advisor to the business for both content and events, including guidance on social media and hybrid event formats
- Build strong relationships with EMEIA FS and Global FS BCM Marketing Leaders, to understand what we can influence and leverage in UK FS (e.g., content)
- Oversee the work of and provide direction to Marketing Executives working on UK BCM projects (including checking communications, offering guidance and providing support with any issues)
- Oversee the work of our GDS team that help support with the administration on our events and client communications
- Build relationships with the other UK Marketing Managers
- Monitor and report on budgets, and ROI
- Demonstrate excellent project management skills, including extensive planning, stakeholder management and engagement
- Regularly update the UK FS Marketing Leader
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experience in marketing planning, events, campaigns and thought leadership
- Experience in the Banking sector, or a Financial Services / Professional Services environment
- Demonstratable experience in managing marketing campaigns
- Strong stakeholder management and the ability to influence
- A confident individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
- An innovative and creative thinker
- Ability to produce written collateral
- Commercially minded and results driven
- Highly motivated with the ability to work under pressure
Ideally, you'll also have
- Demonstratable experience in a similar role (Banking sector preferred)
- Demonstrable experience of managing and delivering marketing plans, content and events
- Demonstrable experience of managing others
- Exposure to senior stakeholders, external clients and suppliers
- Excellent project management skills and experience of working with various processes
- Proficient with the Microsoft Suite
What we look for
- Experience of working within a professional services partnership with banking industry experience
- CIM qualified or a Bachelor's degree, preferably in marketing or communications
We're looking for a confident and passionate marketing professional who thrives in a high-pressured environment. What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You'll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We'll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We'll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You'll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.Make your mark. Apply now. This employer is a corporate member of myGwork - LGBTQ+ professionals, the business community for LGBTQ+ professionals, students, inclusive employers & anyone who believes in workplace equality.