Role: Community Occupational Therapist
Contracting Authority: Central Government
Contract Length: 12 weeks
Location: To cover areas in Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire Moorlands and Newcastle Under Lyme
Pay Rate to Intermediary: Up to £208.86 per day
Be competent as appropriate to the requirements of the role.
Demonstrate at all times the Partnership Trust Values of: "Putting Quality First, We Care About People and We Take Responsibility."
Be an Advanced Occupational Therapist and have a detailed professional and clinical knowledge.
Be responsible for a defined population of service users in a variety of settings across the Partnership Trust including the community and hospitals.
Be skilled in the assessment of complex/specialist care/support needs and in the development, implementation and evaluation of care/support packages.
Have supervisory, training and leadership responsibilities where appropriate and will have some responsibility for team performance and service developments/improvements.
Demonstrate initiative and be creative in finding solutions to problems.
Work with the team leader undertaking delegated tasks in team management.
Deputise for the team leader in a professional capacity as required.
Support and oversee excellent Occupational Therapy practice through mentorship and day to day guidance to team members and other professionals.
Promote and champion good practice in all Occupational Therapy provision including internal and external partnership working
Keep up to date with new local and national initiatives and training opportunities and share regularly with colleagues in formal and informal training sessions.
* Degree level relevant professional qualification or equivalent.
* Relevant Post Graduate studies/qualification.
* Registration with HCPC or equivalent clinical courses within area of clinical expertise
* Post qualification courses in Occupational Therapy Practice
* Attendance at relevant forums e.g Special Interest Groups
* Up to date field work/pre-registration student training.
* Significant experience in the clinical specialism equivalent to a Masters
* Ability to manage time and caseload effectively.
* Supporting service users, families and carers
* Working in a multidisciplinary team.
* Experience of negotiation and conflict management and in clinical situations.
* Experience of leading clinical audit in Occupational Therapy specialism.
* Presentation skills
* Experience of supervision and development of staff members
* Evidence of expert/advanced clinical knowledge relevant to the post.
* Understanding of Information Governance, Data Protection, HCPC standards and Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
* Knowledge of relevant NSF's and NICE guidance and professional standards specific to Occupational Therapy.
* Knowledge within the legislative framework for Occupational Practice.
* Understanding of wider NHS agenda and its application to the local context
* Working across hospitals and community settings and have the ability to travel within a geographical area to meet the requirements of the post.
* Flexibility with working hours to enable 7 day services
Applying to this or any other vacancy advertised by Spinwell Global Ltd constitutes an agreement for Spinwell Global Ltd to hold your details for 24 months for the purpose of assessing suitability for the advertised position and to make you aware of any other positions deemed suitable of which they will make you aware by means of either email, text or phone. In line with GDPR regulations you are able to request your details be removed from the company data at any time by emailing us