Purpose of role:
Pathway Group aspires to be an organisation that Changes Lives Through Skills and Work with the aim of making a meaningful and impactful difference to clients and learners. We do this by nurturing and maintaining excellent and effective relationships with funding bodies, employers, learners and other relevant stakeholders.
Pursuant to these goals, we are seeking a detail-driven and compliance-focussed colleague to work within the Audit & Compliance Team, reporting to the Audit & Compliance Manager. We expect you to support the delivery of a business-wide, annual programme of high quality assurance and compliance engagements and to help ensure a rigorous assurance and compliance framework is in place across the business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
* Demonstrate significant experience in an audit and/or compliance role, with experience in the delivery of high quality assurance and compliance engagements, and a good understanding of the interpretation of the various funding rules at external audit.
* Support the delivery of an annual programme of assurance engagements (and, where necessary, investigations) to provide assurance that all business areas are compliant with the prevailing regulations and legislations.
* Lead on the development and delivery of a programme of internal compliance testing, providing timely and meaningful information to the Senior Leadership Team.
* Support the operational management of audits, inspections and reporting to all relevant external agencies and stakeholders.
* Lead on ensuring that any and all corrective actions and development work are carried out by the agreed deadlines.
* Use appropriate lines of communication to ensure efficient business-wide dissemination of information relating to rule changes and sharing of best practice.
* Support the recommendation of continuous improvements, ensuring that policies, procedures, documentation, and other materials are kept up to date with regulatory changes.
Standard responsibilities of any role at Pathway Group:
* Demonstrate an awareness of and ongoing commitment to Pathway Group's values.
* Comply with all Pathway Group policies and procedures, including taking responsibility for the health and safety of yourself and your colleagues.
* Participation in the performance review and appraisal processes and ensuring that training and development goals are met.
* Actively pursue the integration and achievement of equal opportunities across all activities.
* Demonstrate an ongoing commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults.
Qualifications and training
Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
Experience of working with compliance frameworks
Experience of working with complex projects and work programmes
Experience dealing with external regulatory agencies
Skills and knowledge
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Ability to use IT systems at a high level
Knowledge of the legal and regulatory framework of the education sector
High level of personal integrity and probity
Willingness to travel and work at any Pathway Group premises as required
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the person specification and will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered