Digital/Non Digital: Non
Contract Length: 6 months
Location: Wimbledon as base but will involve a lot of travelling to sites along the Wessex Route
Pay Rate to Candidate: £430 Umbrella / £312.49 PAYE
Minimum Requirement: PTS from start
Security Clearance: BPSS
To manage design and construction activities for allocated projects in work bank. Managing so that appropriate engineering standards are used in relation to design and construction on allocated projects. Ensure compliance to the engineering requirements of the GRIP or PACE, relevant legislation, Group and company standards, and Network Rail procedures. Manage an engineering team to maintain compliance and support delivery of the work bank.
Reporting into the Track Project Engineer for Works Delivery Track with key accountabilities as follows:
• Carry out work safely and in accordance with the safe systems of work procedures, method statements, plans and other instructions.
• Manage and check the quality of work delivered and confirm assets are compliant to standards.
• Manage the preparation of work and resource specifications, method statements and plans.
• Provide technical support and guidance.
• Design, install, test and commission equipment.
• Undertake and supervise technical tasks, survey and design work.
• Prioritise work arising and agree work plans for the group.
• Prepare specifications and requisition for materials.
• Manage processes and systems for the calibration and certification of tools and equipment.
• Manage information to update systems, databases and records.
• Knowledge of technical support activities and techniques as outlined above.
• Experience for track survey, wheel timber, S&C renewal and plain line renewal.
• Experience for tamping (both design and maintenance tamping) and stressing.
• Knowledge and experience of track renewal or maintenance experience and construction management process, systems and standards.
• Knowledge of track design requirements, processes and techniques.
• Able to demonstrate, promote and embed safe working behaviours within the team.
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Hold and retain the competencies relevant to this post and required by business need.
• Ideally hold or be working towards and NVQ level 2 or 3 (or equivalent) in an engineering/leadership subject.
• Able and willing to work and drive vehicles as required by business need, including night shifts and weekend shifts