Interim Income Officer
Greenacre are pleased to be supporting a Shropshire based housing organisation, with their recruitment of an Interim Income Officer.
* Taking responsibility for providing a high-quality customer focused service and the effective management of arrears.
* Working proactively and closely with tenants, other staff and partners to maximise income recovery, through a preventative approach, and seeking to minimise rent, garage, and other STAR Housing related debt and any income loss due to voids.
* Ensuring that processes, policies and procedures are adhered to and to contribute to any reviews of policy and practice.
* Ensuring that vulnerable people are identified and provided with appropriate support to make sure that they are not disadvantaged in the income recovery process.
* Assisting the Housing Officer (Income Recovery) in monitoring all rent accounts and take appropriate action against those who owe rent, garage and other Neighbourhoods related debt, in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Ensuring accurate records are made of action taken in respect of rent arrears management and to progress in line with the policies and procedures.
* As and when required, preparing/hand delivering Notices of Seeking Possession/Notice of Proceedings for Possession on tenants, including making doorstep decisions on appropriate courses of action when face-to-face with tenants.
* Contributing towards target setting and looking for ways to continuously improve performance.
* Reporting regularly as required to the Housing Officer on agreed targets and performance.
* Preparing the paperwork for Court Applications in respect of rent action to be authorised by the Housing Officer and attending Court/evictions in the absence of the Housing Officer
* Assisting Housing Officers (Income and Neighbourhoods) with the review of introductory tenancies.
* Dealing with all general enquiries relating to rent accounts, both current and former tenants and take appropriate action. Making recommendations as to possible changes to the recovery procedures to ensure that monies due for collection are recovered efficiently and cost effectively