Booking Support Executive
Full time, based in office in Woking
Salary: £20-22,000 - Benefits include pension, private medical health care and life assurance.
Servicing the existing bookings and the refund processes - responsible for supporting customers
with their existing bookings, whether that be flights, rail inclusive holidays, package holidays, accommodation or staycations
Main focus will be delivering outstanding customer service to ensure that requests of customers are fulfilled e.g., existing customers bookings are fulfilled or refunded as per the booking agreement entered at the time of booking with their travel agent/tour operator.
Where a booking can't be fulfilled, appropriate action surrounding the refunds will be supported.
• Very strong and effective verbal & written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Very strong attention to detail and follow up.
• Ability to multi-task and deliver results under pressure.
• Self-motivated, but enjoys being part of a team
• Multitasker with ability to prioritise issues using own initiative, exercising sound judgement.
• Good IT skills, able to use systems to maintain high levels of accuracy.
• Is a credible source and "go to" person.
• Customer focused, 'can do'/'will do' attitude, assisting in other areas of the business if required.
• Ability to liaise with colleagues across all levels.
• Support with reconciliation process to agree existing bookings and the status of the bookings
• Follow up concerns until resolution or escalation, and record actions & outcomes onto system.
• Be the point of referral for colleagues, Business Partners and anyone reporting concerns or issues
• Dealing with customers via telephone, email or video conferencing
• Delivering the highest standard of service at all times to exceed customers' expectations
• Liaising with Business Partners to amend/fulfil the customer booking accordingly - Collect payment balances and providing tickets.
• Assist customers with any queries or concerns regarding their bookings
• Work well as part of a team to ensure an efficient operation
• Liaise with other departments regarding internal processes
• Follow robust and effective practices, escalating concerns and mitigating any financial loss to the business.
• A minimum of 2 years Travel Agency experience
• A genuine passion for travel and it's ever-changing landscape.
• Resilience when dealing customers who may have a grievance or complaint to raise and the ability to be able to manage these conversations/communications.
• Ability to put forward recommended process changes to the internal business.
• A desire to embrace new customer travel trends and an understanding of the impact of Global events on how people travel.
• A tenacious, positive and driven individual with a proven track record of reaching and exceeding personal targets
• Attention to detail and ability to work with numbers to recognize where a potential exposure could arise.
• Flexibility to work within changeable or reactive situations
• Strong communication skills - the ability to be able to adapt and communicate confidently with colleagues and customers in all situations. Excellent spelling and written skills a must