Matchtech are working with an exciting Tier 1 contractor on the A30 RDP scheme, and currently have urgent requirements for experienced Highways Section Engineers.
The Section Engineer will report to the respective Section Manager and be responsible for planning, programming and co-ordinating works associated with the main office compound, this may include certain aspects of setting out on-site. The Section Engineer will also undertake works associated with the drainage section for the A30 Project, this will include reviewing drawings / buildability / specification / programme / materials / site surveys of existing drainage / etc.
The Section Engineer's tasks will include, but not limited to,
· Planning the layout of the main office compound which will include the office layout / car parking / pedestrian routes / storage area's / drainage runs / ducting layout / service routes etc.
· Take off / schedule of materials required for the works.
· Preparation of RAMS for undertaking the construction works.
· Liaison with the site team in respect of plant / labour / material requirements
· Work as part of a team and assist all team members as & when required. However, be able to undertake site duties individually or seek assistance where necessary.
· Complete a daily diary of works being undertaken on-site with accurate & comprehensive details.
· Complete check sheet's for quality standards, in accordance with ITP's.
· Assist or undertake safety inspections & workplace inspections.
· Raise & issue permits as required.
· Undertake CAT & Genny surveys prior to excavation works commencing.
· Attend site meetings in relation to programme / safety / working areas.
· Good communication skills with team / sub-contractors / general public / Client
· Be able to undertake site survey and produce sketches of survey work / construction sequences
Training / Competency Requirements:
· CSCS card relevant to appointment
· SSSTS or SMSTS certification
· Minimum 5 year's experience in civil engineering industry
· CAT & Genny trained (optional)
· 1st Aid (optional)
· Safety Critical Medical (optional)
· Laptop (optional)
· AutoCAD (optional)
Sat & Sun (only required to suit road closures or specific works - advance notice will be provided)