Childcare Managers are responsible for the day-to-day running of the club, as well as the administrative duties of the club.Childcare Managers provide leadership to their teams, as well as organise and plan the play and leisure activities for children before and after school, as well as during the school holidays.
Our Childcare Managers care and supervise the children, making sure they are safe and happy.
* Setting up the club to create a safe and secure play environment ready for when children arrive
* Managing the online booking system
* Attend events held by the host school to represent the club
* Communicating with parents/carers and/or teachers, as well as other key professionals
* Supervise children effectively to ensure they are safe
* Responsible for the day-to-day running of the club
* Provide support, guidance and leadership to the team.
* Support a variety of play opportunities for children aged 4 - 11 years
* Support children within the EYFS
* Participate in children's play as and when requested by the children.
* Ensure the Play Leader and Playworkers deliver a range of exciting activities based on the children's interests.
* Complete admin duties as requested by the Regional Manager or Directors
* Ensure the club follows company policies and procedures, as well as all other legal requirements, such as Health & Safety requirements
* Commitment to safeguarding the children in our care
* Current Paediatric First Aid certificate
* Food Hygiene Level 2 or 3
* Basic safeguarding training and/or DSL training
* Current and valid driving licence
* NVQ Level 3 in Playwork/Childcare or other equivalent training, with at least one year's experience in a leadership/management role
* Three years' previous childcare and/or Playwork experience
* Caring and sensitive to children's individual needs
* Excellent Knowledge and understanding of the Ofsted Welfare Requirements, including the EYFS.
* Excellent Knowledge and understanding of the Playwork Principles
* Excellent communication skills
* Prepared to train and learn new skills
* Good IT skills
Supporting your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Full and comprehensive induction
Annual performance appraisal
Other great reasons to become a Childcare Manager at OSCAHS
EAP - Employee Assistance Programme, offering a variety of wellbeing and legal support schemes
* Annual leave (5.6 weeks or equivalent)
* Birthday day off (paid leave)
* Privilege Days
* Pension auto enrolment
Training and career development
Great working environment
Hours & Pay
Salary ranges from £12.75 per hour to £14.75 per hour
Split shift: 07:25 - 08:55 and 15:00 - 18:00 from Monday - Friday during term time