Maintenance Engineering Assistant / Operative
Shift based days and nights.
£20,000 - £23,000.
As an Engineering Operative, you will play an important part in supporting the 24/7 operation within an automated distribution centre. The role requires you to promptly respond to all tote jams and faults to keep our customers shopping moving on a conveyor system. The role also involves a considerable amount of technical cleaning.
The role of Engineering Assistant is an entry level position with no formal engineering qualifications required. Experience of working within an engineering environment would be desirable but it is not essential as full training will be provided.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Support the Engineering Team on the technical cleaning of automated areas to help maintain hygiene standards.
* Assist Engineers and Technicians with faults within designated areas, including ambient and chill areas of the site.
* Escalation of repeated issues to Engineers/ Technicians.
* Use computerised systems to complete jam reports and maintenance logs, therefore basic computer literacy is essential.
* Work safely at all times and highlight all Health & Safety issues to your Line Management.
* The role is physically demanding e.g. lifting, pushing and pulling heavy objects, and also involves working at height.
What do we need from you?
* Some working knowledge of automated warehouses and their technical components is desirable but not essential.
* Have an eye for detail, good problem solving ability and a practical approach.
* Good communication is essential as you will be required to communicate all issues clearly and escalate in a timely manner.
* Flexibility in working pattern as and when required by business needs.
* Be self-motivated and able to work individually or as part of a team.
* Be able to work in a fast paced environment.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please submit your CV.
We will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful