Our prestigious client is looking for Assistant Accountant to join their team in St James, Northampton, NN5. This is a very exciting opportunity for a passionate and driven individual with Accounts background. The role will include to work as part of the finance team, assisting and supporting the Management Accountant in all aspects of the day-to-day accounting for a busy, growing manufacturing Business. Including credit control, sales ledger, VAT returns, Reconciliations, analysis of expenses, investigations and maintenance of the lease accelerator and fixed asset register. As a key member of the team, you will be the go-to person for advice in the Management Accountants absence.
• Management of company credit cards, ensuring all colleagues with a CC are providing analysis in a correct and timely manner. Responsible for checking and posting into the purchase ledger.
• Management of business Mileage, Company car, mileage allowance and private car users submitting monthly analysis. Post the associated invoices and ensure the colleagues are paid, or their expenses are kept to a minimum.
• Analysis of expenses, as above but for all other out of pocket expenses.
• Lead and take responsibility for all associated sales ledger activities, monitoring customer credit limits, generation and distribution of invoices and credit notes and credit control.
• trial balance
• Reconciliations - Control Account debtors, creditors, pensions etc. ad-hoc reconciliations
• Investigations- Answering questions generated by senior executives through the accounts, conducting a full investigation, pulling together figures from multiple sources and then answering the question with proof.
• VAT Return - Must be able to complete the VAT return in a timely and accurate manner.
• Lease control - Account for leases using the lease accelerator tool, ensuring complete accuracy.
• Maintenance of the fixed asset register - working alongside R&D and purchasing to identify, track and account for assets from when an order is placed to when they are disposed of.
• Journal entry- journal generation and entry as appropriate.
Experience and Background
• Have at least five years' experience working as an Assistant Accountant or equivalent
• Be qualified through experience or formal qualifications to AAT level 4
• Practical hands-on experience of managing credit control
• Good all-round knowledge and experience of working a in small accounts team.
• Working in a manufacturing or SME environment.
Personal Attributes and skills
• Has tenacity and takes pride in a job well done whilst acting with integrity and honesty.
• A good communicator who is not afraid to put their opinion forward
• Detail conscious with an analytical mind who likes to drill down and find out what the cause of a problem is
• Experience of pulling figures together from multiple sources and putting into a reports
• Self-motivated and able to prioritise own work
• Driven to achieve deadlines
• Ability to communicate at all levels up and down the business
• A general all rounder who is competent in the roles and responsibilities of the job and needs minimal instruction or supervision.
Please be aware, up to date CV and interview will be required.
Please apply below, or, alternatively, contact us on (phone number removed) or (phone number removed)