Our client, a public sector organisation seek a Senior Finance Business Partner
, for an interim period of 6 months.This role is predominately based in Edinburgh with occasion travel to Glasgow. A hybrid working framework is in place.The role attracts a day rate of £445 per day (inside IR35) umbrella
- Manage the month end accounting and reporting process and work with the finance business partner team and transaction teams and other units/sections to deliver accurate financial reporting information in line with the Scottish Government timetable.
- To lead the production of the monthly management accounts and investigate and report on significant budgetary variances, advising on the necessary remedial action and monitoring the implementation of these actions, supporting the financial management of functions and projects and key cost drivers at the organisation consolidated level.
- Manage the annual and quarterly budget process including the production of key data and financial analysis in line with SG timetable. Maintain the organisation's budgeting and forecasting information, updating and tracking any changes as required and ensuring that all funding requirements have been accurately and comprehensively recorded, obtaining sign off as appropriate.
- Support senior managers and budget holders by providing specialist advice on key strategic financial management issues including capital accounting, VAT compliance, budgeting and forecast outturns, financial planning and risk management.
- Responsible for capital accounting in accordance with the relevant IFRS accounting standards, policies and procedures. Liaising with business partners to ensure accurate profiling of capital budgets, valuations, impairment review and balance sheets classification.
- Responsible for the management of the Fixed Asset Register (Real Asset Management: Asset 4000) ensuring that all capital assets are accounted for appropriately, providing accurate monthly and annual financial reports including fixed asset additions, disposals and verifications. Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the capital expenditure incurred and implementing any internal or external audit recommendations.
- Collaborate with the Financial Accountant to produce timely and relevant monthly financial and management reports to the EMT, ARC, Board and the Scottish Government.
- Be a key point of contact for the finance business partner team and other Finance staff, providing support and guidance on financial management including budgeting and forecasting.
- Collate, analyse, and present appropriate financial data for information and decision-making purposes as required e.g. Pay Remit, VAT returns, unit costing, Freedom of Information requests, Scottish Government returns.
- Ensure finance guidance documents are accurate, up to date and are in line with best practice.
- Provide an overview on capital spend across the organisation
- Undertake investment appraisal as required
- Support the preparation and delivery of the year end accounts and provision of supplementary accounting information.
- Work with others within the organisation and outside agencies to continuously improve service provision and make suggestions for improvements to systems and processes.
- Assist in the development of and presentation of a Financial Training programme for all staff involved in Finance.
- Line management responsibilities so the post holder may need to manage, support, and develop a small team
- Representation at Governance boards where required.
- Cover for the Head of Finance (C1) as required
- Any other ad-hoc duties commensurate with the role/grade.
For further information , contact Richard in our Glasgow office.Membership of a CCAB professional body (or equivalent) is required for this role.