Are you passionate about making a difference in young people's lives? Are you looking for a rewarding role, like no other?
and your other passions are within music or creative arts then this may be the role for you!
Reed Further Education are working on behalf of an amazing specialist education provider for young adults, in the Brighton area. This unique college work with students 16 - 25 years old, whom may have come from disadvantaged backgrounds, struggled in education previously or require SEN support. Their programmes guide learners through music in a way that engages them and makes them love learning again, through workshops, performances, festival organising and much more!Job Title:
Learning Support AssistantPay rate:
£12 - £14 per hourHours/days:
Monday - Friday. 25 - 35 hours per weekThe Role:
What you will need
- To help prepare, monitor and maintain a safe and secure learning environment in line with the teacher's lesson plans.
- Experience with providing educational or personal care support to individuals with learning disabilities.
- Support students with SMART targets and review this throughout the year
- You will be working with students aged 16+
- You will be organising and maintaining documentation on learner's progress.
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner's needs.
Successful applicants will also be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check. Benefits:
- GCSE Maths and English A*- C grade or Level 2 equivalent
- Experience working with students who have Special Educational Needs (SEN) and challenging behaviour
- Good classroom management
- Opportunities to attend music festivals like Glastonbury and more.
- Regular staff social events
- Working for a senior leadership team that is passionate about training and CPD opportunities for its staff.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking'ApplyNow'.
If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.Reed Further Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.