Our local authority client based in North London are urgently seeking an experienced Service Desk Analyst.
The Service Desk Analyst will provide day-to-day support via the service desk, to diagnose and resolve problems and provide advice to users of our key business applications.
To fulfil standard requests using documented processes and procedures or escalate to Second Line Support or Application Support using agreed processes.
1. Manage incidents and requests in line with the agreed incident management and request fulfilment processes and local procedures.
2. Provide remote assistance over the phone and advice to users through instant messenger and through the use of remote support tools such as Dameware.
3. Assist with issuing and resetting passwords using agreed procedures to maintain system security.
4. Proactively keep users informed throughout all stages of all processes by phone, email, and instant messenger.
5. Encourage and support users to use self-service systems to log, update, chase, receive updates and cancel calls.
6. Escalate calls to the First Line Manager, Second Line Support and Application Support as required.
7. Receive alerts and monitor the availability and performance of ICT systems using tools including Solarwinds.
8. Receive, review and update documentation to assist with the resolution of incidents and the fulfilment of requests.
9. Maintain accurate records relating to incidents, requests, assets, licences, and other aspects of IT service management.
10. Provide on-site support/training to users of the systems as required.
Please apply with your updated CV ensuring that any gaps in employment are explained.
At this point, may we take this opportunity to thank you for the interest you have shown in this role. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications that we receive, it is not always possible to respond to everyone. Therefore, unless you hear from us within the next 7 days, your application for this vacancy will have been unsuccessful