Learning Support Assistant
Contract: Permanent, Term Time Only, 32.5 hours per week between the hours of 8.30am and 4.00pm ie 8.30 am till 3.30 pm or 9 am till 4.00 pm with ½ hour lunch for 38 weeks with 5 days training
ne36 consutancy currently have openings for a Learning Support Worker to join our clients team in either Sunderland or Newcastle working with P16 students. This is an interesting and varied job role that comes with the added bonus of enabling young people to reach their full potential. You will be supporting specific students in a range of classes from Entry Level to Level 3, working both in class and with small groups providing targeted support.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, reliable and have great communication skills. This is an ideal opportunity for a person keen to gain experience of working within a student facing role in an educational establishment.
Ideally with the following experience/qualifications:
• Has a good level of general education preferably Level 2 English and Maths
• Understands their responsibilities with regards to the Safeguarding of Children, Young people and Vulnerable adults
• Has a positive interest in working with young people with autism.
• Has the ability to work calmly and is caring and dedicated.
• Working with ASD, Learning Disabilties & Challenging Behaviour
• Ideally someone prepared to work, at times, in the wider community and outdoors and support more vocational provisions
The client will provide a thorough training package, as well as hands on experience shadowing experienced staff members