Becoming a PMO Analystwith Smart DCC:
Fantastic opportunity to secure an initial 6 month contract as a PMO Analyst based from London or Manchester with some remote working available. The Business Analyst will be assigned to various programmes and projects within DCC. As a PMO Analyst you will work within the PMO team that provides an independent assurance service to programmes and projects ensuring best practice standards are applied across the DCC change portfolioWhat you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Guiding programmes and projects through the Change Delivery methodology and CR process, providing support and challenge and coaching as required to ensure knowledge is embedded and projects are compliant.
- Working with programmes and projects to ensure quality of deliverables and artefacts as defined in the Smart DCC Change Delivery Methodology, including plans, RAID, reports, financials.
- Ensure project plans are produced to required standards - providing challenge and feedback and rectifying actions to and tracking these to resolution.
- Scrutinising Project Change Controls (PCR) to ensure full impact analysis has been undertaken across time, cost, resource and benefits prior to submission at governance forums for approval.
- Producing, maintaining and tracking programme level risks & issues, ensuring appropriate mitigation and actions are executed and updated.
- Supporting the PMO Manager in scheduling and undertaking deep dive review sessions as required. Creation of MI and reporting on findings.
- Support the collation and quality assurance of programme level reporting - working with programme managers to ensure it is fit for purpose for upward reporting to ExCo, DCC Board and industry forums by providing challenge and validation.
About Smart DCC
- 2+ years experience in a programme or project related field (e.g. project co-ordinator, PMO, project management)
- Competent in using Microsoft suite of tools including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint and working knowledge of MS Project. Advanced Excel skills - ability to build and manage complex spreadsheets for management and analysis of information.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a similar programme and project environment within a technology and regulated industry
- Strong communication both written and verbal and collaboration skills - ability to work effectively across internal and external teams
- Exceptional organisation skills, with the ability to prioritise across multiple conflicting project demands
- Ability to challenge and influence senior programme and project team members to drive improvements to programme and project quality and ensure alignment with DCC standards and methodology
At the Data Communications Company, we believe in making Britain more connected, so we can all lead smarter, greener lives. We've built the secure infrastructure that's supporting the mass roll-out of smart meters across the country. Our universal, secure network will be in 30 million homes and small businesses, making it the largest network in Britain. So it's a truly exciting time to join us. You'll be part of a team that's supporting the country's transition to a low-carbon economy, and helping to ensure an affordable, secure, and sustainable energy supply for the future.
Operating independently of its parent company, Capita plc*, the DCC is a Disability Confident Committed Employer. We're directed by the Department for Business and regulated by OFGEM. We collaborate with the Government and leading telco and utility industry service providers to help protect consumers and give them better energy choices. A finalist in the Top Workplace Awards in 2018, we reward professionals who thrive in an environment of change and innovation. Watch this about DCC video and if it ignites your interest, apply below.What's in it for you?
· A competitive day rate
· Partial remote working available for this role
You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you. If you have any questions you'd like to ask before applying, you can contact
The parent company, Capita Plc*, are a leading UK provider of technology enabled business services. We're supporting and improving the lives of millions of people every day and we can only do this with the right people in place, working towards a shared goal. We encourage an open, honest working environment where everyone can be true to themselves and people are valued for their differences. We're always challenging each other to learn and improve, because we know when we work together, we can deliver better outcomes. We work across such a huge range of businesses and sectors, that you'll have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in any number of directions. You'll also become part of a network of 63,000 experienced, innovative, and dedicated individuals across multiple disciplines and sectors. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we'll provide the support you need to do deliver. Our purpose is to create a better outcome for you.