MARKET DEVELOPMENT PROJECT OFFICERROLE PURPOSE
To manage and develop Camden Market's retail portfolio ensuring that the highest possible standard of service delivery is achieved. The post-holder will be required to monitor performance, maximise profitability and effectively implement service improvement to the highest quality, ensuring the integration of the Market and street trading with the surrounding retail and business environment.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Promote the Council's vision, values, policies aims and objectives through personal example and positive direction to ensure they translate into practical and effective action in order to achieve an excellent standard of customer service
2. Proactively identify and respond to retail trends and develop strategies for continuous quality improvement of Camden Markets and street trading.
3. In conjunction with the Market Development Manager assist with the writing of annual business and commercial plans ensuring their effective implementation.
4. Lead, develop and contribute to the development Camden Market's and street trading strategies and policies. Contribute to the production, implementation and review of the service, develop action plans and set performance objectives to achieve delivery.
5. Develop effective relationships with all stakeholders, internal and external clients with the aim of making services accessible to allPERSON SPECIFICATION/SELECTION CRITERIATechnical Knowledge and Experience:
- Management, market, street trading and/or retail experience and expertise operating at a similar management level
- Highly developed commercial acumen and record of success in developing business performance
- Extensive track record of successfully creating comprehensive and practical plans that meet business priorities and have a directly observable outcome on service provision
- A clear understanding of the modernising agenda for local government
- Coping with deadlines, conflicting demands and unexpected problems and high levels of work related pressure. Ability to deal with concentrated mental demands for long periods of time, unpredictable deadlines, conflicting demands and unavoidable interruptions.
- Excellent negotiation and conciliation skills based on practical experiences and the ability to inspire trust and confidence in a client-centred environment
Please apply below.