MCR Engineer contractor roles available for West London based International Broadcaster working in 24/7/365 MCR environment Involved in the day-to-day Master Control Room (MCR) operation, responsible for all MCR functions including satellite downlinking, management of IP contribution circuits and preparing contribution feed line-ups for TX, Production and Digital. We are looking for candidates with similar experience.
Shift work based on a 40 hour 5 on 4 off, 4 on 5 off rota include nights, weekends and public holidays. This is 6 Months extendable contract and is inside ir35 £400pd via umbrella (Inside ir35). Must be within easy reach of Chiswick West London and have the right to work in the UK.
* Operational knowledge of MCR technology and workflows including video and audio routing (traditional SDI and IP)
* Fundamental understanding of IT networking infrastructure
* Experience with Broadcast Control Systems, ideally BNCS (using Packaging and direct routing) and Nevion Video IPath
* Experience with a wide range of video standards including HD.
* Understanding of video and audio timing.
* Detailed operational knowledge of tools used to diagnose issues with video and audio feeds, including waveform monitors and audio monitoring units.
* Operational knowledge of professional satellite contribution equipment including dish position controllers, spectrum analysers, transport stream analysers, receivers and decoders.
* Familiarity of a wide range of contribution standards such as J2K and H264.
* An understanding of the requirements of other operational areas including Ingest, Playout and Production facilities
* A proactive approach, determination to achieve the goals of the team and department, able to identify and prioritise problems and offer alternate solutions
* The ability to work well under pressure in a live transmission and production environment
* Excellent attention to detail
* Strong team player and solid interpersonal skills
* Line up of incoming video, audio and communication circuits from both Discovery and third-party broadcast production facilities
* Packaging production resources together for ease of use across the company (video, audio, multi-language commentary, IFB, 4-wires, reverse video feeds)
* Satellite downlinking including dish positioning and decoding
* Management of incoming audio circuits and commentary facilities to ensure commentators are assigned to the correct feeds for transmission or production
* Routing and switching of feeds, based on the internal booking systems to Production Control Rooms, Multi-Function Rooms, Voice Over Booths and Live Transmission Suites
* Critical assessment of video and audio contribution feeds
* Proactive monitoring of incoming feeds with rapid action to restore service using pre-defined emergency procedures
* Management of IP contribution circuits, including WAN and LAN
* Liaising with third party contribution circuit suppliers, as well as with internal stakeholders
* Trouble-shooting technical issues and escalation of faults to relevant teams
* Managing the inbuilt system redundancy to ensure that minimum disruption to services is caused by equipment failures
* Manage bookings and resources utilising centralised systems
* Understand all technical and production workflows
* Undertake ad hoc ingest duties as required
* Contribute to detailed reports and metrics
The MCR is operational 24/7/365 and as such, this role is shift work based on a 40 hour working week which will include nights, weekends and public holidays