Mornings only - Monday - Friday (8:45am - 1pm)Location:
Chelsea, Southwest London.Salary:
£20,000 - £23,000 FTEFirst Bridge Centre
is an Ofsted-accredited early intervention centre for children with autism spectrum disorders delivering exceptional care and outcomes.
We are looking to expand our team of ABA Therapists to complement our growing team of clinical professionals, therapists, and early years educators.
You will be part of a team that provides compassionate, expert care to children with a particular focus on early intervention for children between infancy and seven years old in our centre.The role:
Our ABA Therapists are responsible for implementing education and treatment plans designed by our multidisciplinary team under the full supervision of a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA). You will be part of a team responsible for providing an engaging, positive, and safe experience for children with autism and related developmental disabilities.Key ResponsibilitiesDirect Implementation:
Clinical Record Keeping
- Accurately implement interventions developed by the BCBA which are focused across a range of skill areas including but not limited to language and communication, social skills, play skills, and adaptive functioning.
- To support children in increasing appropriate behaviour and decreasing challenging behaviour.
- Supporting children with changing conditions and/or routines and providing creative solutions.
- Working alongside the BCBA to develop skill acquisition programs and behaviour intervention plans.
- Conducting baseline measurements and other direct or indirect assessment measures.
- Track client progress via data collection and graphing.
- Complete incident reports within 24 hours of an incident.
- Prepare teaching materials and organise teaching environment.
- Organise and maintain program binders for assigned clients
- Maintain program data sheets, maintenance data
Training and Education
- Participate in regular meetings to review client progress, introduce new programs, ad problem-solve.
- Provide communication updates to parent/caregiver and BCBA regarding unusual behaviour or lack of progress in a timely, professional and respectful manner.
- Maintain the confidentiality and security of client-related and organisational information at all times.
- Write professional, objective, and accurate documentation in client communication records.
What we offer:
- Participate in direct clinical supervision meetings to present concerns and receive training, feedback, and guidance.
- Attend clinical education opportunities provided by First Bridge Centre to stay current within the field, learn about different programs, and share information with colleagues.
The opportunity to work with a diverse and energetic team with a wide spectrum of knowledge and experience.
We would love to hear from people with:
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays and closure dates)
- 8% pension contribution
- Company sickness pay
- Cash Health Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Travel loan
- CPD courses and ongoing training
- 1 year + experience delivering ABA programs
- Previous experience in applying behaviour analytic strategies
- Degree in Psychology (or related field) (desirable)
- Registered Behaviour Technician (RBT) qualification (desirable)
- Current work experience in an ABA school or a SEN unit within a mainstream school
Safeguarding Notice - First Bridge Centre is committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check (costs covered by First Bridge Centre), references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants