Job Title: SV/SC Systems Engineer
6 month contract
Filton (2-3 days per week on site)
The role is within the Weapon Systems Design & Verification team, supporting the sustainment and improvement of the weapon system architecture. This will involve resolving technical queries, managing subsystem architecture and definition, and verification and validation activities. The role involves working closely with multiple stakeholders (both internally and externally).
Depending on the candidate, this role could also include the management of System Engineering work packages.
Key Individual responsibilities may include:
* Management of System and sub-system level requirements and interface definition, including management of design baselines;
* System architecture definition;
* Management and resolution of Problems and Queries that arise from development & qualification activity
* Understanding the impact of proposed changes on the current design / performing trade studies to de-risk the system design and ensure the continued viability of the product;
* Supporting coordination of key Design Reviews;
* Generation and review of technical documentation to support verification activity;
* System level compliance evidence compilation;
* System certification and generation of System verification documentation (e.g. Design Verification Plans, and Requirement Verification Modules);
* Systems support to other parallel programmes as required.
Experience / Knowledge / Ability Requirements
* An appreciation of the Systems Engineering lifecycle and processes, including requirement elicitation and interface definition, identifying and managing key design drivers, modification development and formal verification and certification processes;
* Experience in Systems integration (mechanical/electrical/software) would be beneficial;
* An ability to produce concise, coherent and detailed technical reports of a high quality;
* An ability to work proactively and flexibly across a number of variant programmes for which relative priorities can change quickly;
* An effective team player with strong interpersonal and influencing skills, essential to working as part of a multi-disciplinary team and in building cohesion in the relationships between the Systems team and various interfacing teams;
* An awareness of RTC & DOORS would be beneficial