Mencap have an exciting opportunity for a Network Manager to support and champion our work with Network Partners on a 14 month (maternity cover) contract. We are looking for a passionate individual with problem solving skills and experience in managing positive relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Mencap is the UK's leading learning disability charity, and our vision is for the UK to be the best place for people with a learning disability to live happy and healthy lives.
This is an exciting time to join Mencap. You will be working and managing a vibrant and dynamic team, this role will give you the opportunity to get stuck in to various projects. You will be able to utilise your skills and develop new skills by working with a range of stakeholders on different projects.
As Network Manager you will be responsible for providing the central support function for Royal Mencap Society (RMS') network of local organisations. This will include oversight and management of the Network Office. The role will be responsible for embedding and developing Network Office functions both externally and internally to support the development of collaborative activity to achieve the Big Plan. We encourage a culture of continuous learning so if you are keen to learn and work with partners on new areas of work this could be a perfect role for you.
Skills and experience for this role include;
• Ability to empathise and develop a rapport with a wide range of individuals
• Ability to problem solve and make sound decisions based on information and evidence
• Ability to influence, inspire, motivate and instil confidence in others
• Ability to work in partnership with colleagues and stakeholders with a positive can do attitude
• Adaptable to change and able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
• Able to work with confidential information.
• Able to provide guidance and support to colleagues
• Knowledge of CRM database systems
• Knowledge of project development and delivery
• Excellent administration skills, written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of working with affiliated charities, community sector and membership services
• Knowledge of issues relating to learning disability and inclusion
• Experience of achieving financial targets & knowledge of budget Management
• Experience of problem solving and negotiation
• Experience of managing, developing and motivating staff teams
This role offers work from home flexibility but the successful candidate will need to be open to travel for various meetings and visiting Network Partners frequently.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap