Assistant Shop Manager
Blue Cross are one of the UK's leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
We're currently looking for an Assistant Shop Manager to join our Stow-on-the-Wold team on a permanent, part-time basis, working 21 hours per week.
- Salary of £10, 811
- Pension scheme
- Company sick pay
- Life insurance (after probationary period)
- Employee assistance programme, including a 24/7 confidential counselling line, support with personal issues and financial advice
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Enhanced parental, maternity, paternity leave, holiday exchange, volunteer days and sabbatical leave (Pro-rata)
- Long service awards and Blue Cross Spirit Awards
- Develop your career with a charity that's been supporting animals since 1897
This is a rewarding opportunity for a motivated retail professional with a great leadership style to join our caring, passionate organisation.
Your role will be critical to developing the income and funding we need to continue making a positive difference to the lives of pets and pet owners. Within our inclusive and supportive environment, you will be enabled to develop professionally and will be supported to fulfil your potential.
What's more, you will be rewarded with a fantastic range of benefits to enhance your work/life balance, ensuring that you're not only helping animals and the public but also growing professionally.
As the Assistant Shop Manager, you will play a key leadership role in the effective running of our Stow-on-the-Wold shop.
Supporting the Shop Manager, you will seek to maximise profits, advocate for outstanding customer service and help to manage volunteers.
You will work closely with the local community and businesses, raising awareness of the valuable work Blue Cross does and generating quality donated goods.
Additionally, you will:
- Ensure goods are priced appropriately
- Make sure the shop is fully stocked
- Support the organisation of fundraising events
- Assist with recruiting and training volunteers
To be considered as an Assistant Shop Manager, you will need:
- Retail experience
- Experience of leading a team
- Cash handling and reconciliation experience
- Customer service experience
- Administration skills
- Good level of IT literacy
Experience of managing volunteers would be beneficial to your application, as would experience of fundraising.
Other organisations may call this role Assistant Retail Store Manager, Assistant Duty Store Manager, Assistant Charity Retail Manager, Assistant Charity Store Manager, or Assistant Charity Shop Manager.
You will work 21 hours per week over three days on a rota including weekends and bank holidays. In addition, you will be required to work additional hours to cover for the Shop Manager and therefore flexibility is essential.
Salary Grade: 5.1
Closing date: 11th July 2022
Webrecruit and Blue Cross are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're ready to make a difference as an Assistant Shop Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency