Principal Financial Analyst
This role will be covering highways, transportation and parking.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
To undertake a range of duties to develop and maintain effective and efficient standards, policies, processes and systems for accountancy services.
1. To carry out allocated work in the preparation of the annual revenue budget in accordance with the agreed timescale
2. To undertake monitoring of assigned budgets through preparing regular budgetary control reports which draw attention to significant variances
3. To assist in the development and maintenance of accountancy standards, policies, processes and systems by maximising the use of I.T systems
4. To provide financial advice in an understandable and professional manner to cost centre managers
5. To work on the closure of accounts in accordance with the prescribed standards and systems
6. To complete work on a range of financial systems and processes (e.g. Corporate Financial Registers, Council's Cash Books, Collection Fund Accounts etc.)
Experience of working within Local government Finance for a minimum of 2 years
Accounting experience in budget preparation, monitoring, service recharging and closure of accounts.
Experience of managing accountancy projects undertaking complex tasks with the ability to work independently.
Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles, standards and practices relevant to task associated with the job.
A knowledge of computerised financial systems and spreadsheets
Budget preparation, monitoring and recharging systems