Salary c£58,000 per annum + benefits (depending on experience)
Location - Arbroath
Our client, one of the world's largest providers of products and services for the Energy and Oil & Gas sector is now seeking to source a talented Finance Manager.
This key role will be split between Finance functions and Strategic Management responsibilities.
* Responsible for coordinating and supervising staff employees in the activities supporting the general ledger, sub- systems, and related business systems and applications, along with the resultant financial statements.
* Responsible for preparation, review, and accuracy of finance and accounting activities within the department, including executing financial close activities, reviewing and updating business practices, performing internal control self-assessments, preparing forecasts and annual business plans, business analysis, and performing ongoing process improvements.
* Directs a group or section of Accountants and Administrative staff and administers personnel related functions including monitoring of performance and development objectives, and regular performance review discussions.
* Advises management using diverse communication tools on key financial issues, financial performance, or financial processes. Responsible for interpreting and applying company policy, controls, and accounting principles to financial transactions.
* Participates in strategic business decision making providing relevant financial models to assist the process. Demonstrating advanced level of proficiency with industry and company acumen.
* Demonstrates advanced functionality of common office environment, functional applications such as SAP and Hyperion, and relevant business applications.
* Demonstrates strong knowledge in aspects of general accounting, internal controls and risk mitigation, company policy, financial analysis and statutory reporting, forecasting, and financial applications of varying complexity.
Requires professional accounting qualification, (CA, ACCA, CIMA)
Ideal candidate will come from a manufacturing background.
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week 8am to 4pm with ½ hour for lunch
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment