We are looking for a Clinical Quality and Compliance Manager to join our team at Cygnet Hospital bury.
Cygnet Hospital Bury provides a wide range of inpatient mental health services for men and women including specialist deaf services and CAMHS provision for adolescents.
Each service user has a bedroom with en suite facilities and a range of communal spaces including a gym, laundry, occupational therapy kitchen, therapy garden and woodland walkways down to the Elton Reservoir.
To provide clinical Leadership in managing the Clinical Governance framework of Cygnet Healthcare Bury and compliance to CQC and Commissioner submissions by taking a lead in the Corporate reporting against contractual requirements and transparency to the Hospital leadership team on the following areas:-
Some Key Tasks include...
- CQC self-declaration by each department on a monthly basis
- Monitor HR, MAPPA, Duty of Candour, MHA and CPA compliance
- Preparation for inspections and external reviews
- Managing the Audit Calendar and OLAP by ensuring audits are completed and effective action plans are in place and actions delivered to rectify non/partial compliance. This includes ongoing monitoring of actions completed as required and loop closing
- Medicines management and compliance with CQC standards and best practice
- May be the Accountable Officer for all aspects of Controlled Drugs management.
- Reporting of incidents SUIs/SIRIs and learning lessons from adverse incidents
- Effective security of the hospital including staff training and supporting policy development
- Supporting effective Safeguarding investigations and reports
- Ensuring that timescales for commissioner submissions are adhered to and to the correct standard. Escalating quality concerns to the Clinical Manager, Medical Director and Hospital manager as required.
- Management of CQUINS and Quality accounts, including all monthly and quarterly submissions completed and reported to the deadlines required.
- Supporting investigations at ward level, department and hospital
- Responding to and investigating complaints where appropriate
- Involvement in the Recruitment process as required
- Supporting services and wards in a range of new initiatives and in the provision of clear clinical leadership for nursing staff across the service
- Providing clinical leadership to the wards participating in specific accreditation, engagement with the Quality Network Review and other practice initiatives.
- To participate in the manager's on-call system, outside of normal working hours
- To have day-today line management responsibility to nominated staff and teams
- May be required to act-up by the hospital manager
- To undertake any reasonable requests.
Why Cygnet? We'll offer you...
- To maintain in confidence all records, correspondence and information pertaining to the patients and organisation according to the NMC guidelines for record keeping, the NMC Code of Professional Conduct and Cygnet Health Care policy and procedure.
- To promote constructive relationships with all colleagues, including consultants and others not permanently based at the clinic.
- To observe the statutory legal requirements as laid down in the 1983 Mental Health Act, the Code of Practice, the health and safety at Work Act 1974 and other relevant legislation.
- To ensure that all standards of professional practice as a minimum meet the expectations laid down in the respective professional Codes of Practice.
- RCNi membership
- Company pension scheme
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre e.g. NHS card
- Paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company
- Free meals
- Opportunities for CPD, further learning and development
- Expert clinical supervision and peer support
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.What next?
Cygnet Health Care have been providing a national network of high quality specialist services for over 30 years.
If you care about making a difference - every day - we want to talk to you!
If interested, please apply below or forward your cv to
Please note: we reserve the right to close our adverts earlier than stated if a satisfactory amount of applications have been received.