We're looking for a Senior Buyer to work for our client in Royston on Fixed Term Contract for 14 months.
The business you'll be working for is a manufacturing company for test instruments.
Candidates with background in buying and purchasing in engineering or manufacturing sector would be ideal for this role.
In the job for Senior Buyer, you should be able to:
Reporting any near miss or potentially hazardous activity within the team to senior management
• Positioning of stock and suppliers to support the company's supply chain and requirements
• MOQ analysis to ensure the lowest cost to the business vs stock holdings
• Supplier delivery adherence and actions plans
• Ensuring cost effective and efficient planning, sourcing, buying, and control of the supply chain process in accordance with company procedures
• Ensure goods are to be obtained at the lowest total cost necessary to support departmental objectives, contributing to the overall profitability of the company.
CIPS qualified or equivalent proven experience
• Experience in Supply chain environment
• Skilled at negotiating and relationship-building
• Knowledge of MRP principles required
• Experience working within Lean setting is preferred
• Proficient in MS office suite
• Experience in working in an electro mechanical manufacturing environment Project management
• Relationship management
• Negotiation skills
• Financial acumen
• Analytical skills
• Ability to read technical drawings
In addition, you'll need:
• Have strong influencing skills
• Great team player
Permanent position based in Royston, Hertfordshire
Work timing: 9:00 am to 5 pm
Salary from £23/hr depending on experience ( £45,000/yr)
Send your cv or call MTS Recruitment at (phone number removed) or (phone number removed) and look for Marjorie