Your New Job Title: Relationship Manager of Business Development (Corporate Finance)
The Skills You'll Need: Fluent in English,working experience in investment or commercial banking with a background in corporate finance relationship management, familiar with corporate loans.
Your New Salary: Depending on experience
Location: Central London
* The primary focus of this role is to develop the Bank's corporate finance business under the guidance of the Head of Structured and Leveraged Finance.
* Current key products offering is general corporate purpose facilities. The Bank has intention to expand business in leveraged space and candidates with prior experience in leveraged finance will be preferred. Other areas of interest to the Bank include infrastructure/renewable finance and real-estate finance.
* The role shall undertake client relationship building as well as marketing, origination, syndication, execution and portfolio management duties in relevant lending transactions.
* The role shall strive to promote the Bank's business and profitability growth and meet relevant KPIs.
What You'll be Doing Each Day:
* Client relationship building and maintenance with key global, European and Chinese corporate and sponsor clients.
* Marketing channel building and maintenance in respective business areas with investment and commercial banks, law firms, advisors and agencies.
* Business opportunity identification, marketing, origination, syndication, execution and portfolio management duties in relevant lending transactions.
* Undertake transactional analysis and credit proposal initiation according the Bank's credit approval policies.
* Undertake other business-related tasks and administrative duties in support of the Head of Structured and Leveraged Finance.
* Under the guidance of the Head of Structured and Leveraged Finance, assist in establishing and improving the Bank's internal strategies, methodologies, policies and procedures around corporate financing activities; initiate New Product Approval Process when and where required.
* Junior member coaching as well as internal presentations and discussions.
* The role will be generalist.
The Skills You'll Need to Succeed:
* Solid experience in investment or commercial banking with background in corporate finance relationship management, origination, syndication or portfolio management.
* Good knowledge of European banking and financial markets.
* Good understanding of professional ethics and regulatory environment.
* Strong business relationship building skills; existing relationships in European financial markets, corporates and sponsors preferred.
* Good analytical skills; sound understanding of economics, corporate finance, investment, accounting, valuation theory, methodologies and applications; strong understanding and experience of European/LMA standard loan documentation.
* Attention to detail and high-quality deliverables required.
* Well organised with good time management skills.
* Self-motivated, reliable, dedicated and flexible; goal oriented.
* Great interpersonal skills required.
* Good knowledge of Chinese banks and clients will be a plus.
* Prior experience/exposure to leveraged finance, and other structured lending including project finance, real estate finance is a plus.
* Relevant qualification such as CFA, ACCA, etc. is a plus; strong educational background in top universities or business schools with finance/economics/accounting backgrounds are preferable.
Job status: Permanent
Start date: ASAP
Please view all our Chinese jobs at people-first-recruitment
Please follow us on Linkedin: people-first-team-china
We would be grateful if you could send your CV as a Word document. If your application is successful, you will be contacted within 7 days. We regret that due to the high volume of applications we receive we cannot provide feedback on individual CVs. Please note that we can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK and are able to provide relevant supporting documentation.
People First is committed to increasing diversity, and maintaining an inclusive workplace culture. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of their ethnicity, race, gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, age, marital status or whether or not they have a disability.