Installation & Commissioning Engineer - Northwest based
This is an established client with over 80 years' experience in the packaging industry. They are a sales and service distributor in the UK for Japanese, Italian and German manufacturers of a range of strapping, wrapping, stretch and shrink hooding machines sold to a variety of markets. As the market leader in the building products industry for this type of equipment, our client is continually looking for new products to their range.
* Undertaking and/or assisting with installation of major machines and systems throughout the UK
* Undertaking and/or assisting with commissioning of major machines and systems through the UK
* Provision of troubleshooting/post installation support on major machines throughout the UK
* Providing customer operator and/or engineer training as required
* Undertaking, conducting and achieving machine performance trials following installation/commissioning
* Providing technical assistance to Field Service Engineers on routine service work
* Supplying technical support to sales team/customers/dealerships
* Visiting technicians/representatives of machine suppliers on installations/fault rectification
We need an experienced Electro-Mechanical Engineer, ideally qualified to C&G/ONC (or vocational equivalent) standard, with a practical working knowledge of industrial machinery and a logical approach to fault finding. Experience of installing/commissioning end of line packaging equipment would be an advantage but is not essential.
The applicant must be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of PLC programming (Siemens/Allen Bradley/etc.)
They should feel comfortable working as part of a team or to act as project installation leader, as and when required.
He/she must be hard working, self-motivated, reliable, well presented and have a pleasant manner