MECHANICAL FITTER / MACHINIST
Due to the continued success and growth of the business, my client are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Fitter / Machinist to join a busy, friendly team within the Mechanical Assembly Department. This is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to work within the Company's busy fitting machine shop area where various mechanical fitting and assembly take place, and machined parts are manufactured and assembled.
• Installation of bespoke hydraulic, pneumatic and gas systems to our wide range of furnaces and ovens.
• Read engineering drawings and a basic piping schematic.
• Work on their own initiative to perform mechanical fitting tasks.
• Good skill base in mechanical fitting.
• Basic knowledge of machining processes and skill in performing machining operations such as drilling, milling, and turning to a good standard.
• Ideally have at least 3 years' previous experience within an industrial background.
• Have a minimum of C&G or NVQ Level 3 in Mechanical Fitting.
• Previous experience of Haas CNC Milling would be a distinct advantage.
• A full driving licence.
• Hourly rate c£14.75 based on experience.
• Company incentive scheme.
• Premium rates for overtime.
• Generous salary sacrifice pension plan with 7.5% Employer contributions
and with 8 x salary death in service policy
• 23 days annual leave rising to 26 after 3 years - plus statutory days.
• Health Scheme membership and Hospital Treatment Plan.
• Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
• Development and career opportunities.
• Sports & social events, free on-site parking and access to employee assistance programme to help with life's challenges.
37.5 hours per week
Monday - Thursday 8.00am - 4.45pm
Friday 8.00am - 12.30pm