Our client an international bank based in London are hiring a Trade Finance Analyst on a 12-month fixed term contact basis.
The Trade Finance Services provide processing, technical service and support to the Commodity and Structured Trade Finance and Transaction Banking Divisions.
The Analyst is responsible for the accurate, error free and timely processing of letters of credit, collections, (clean and documentary) and other such trade finance products as required, by application of knowledge of relevant governing rules such as UCP and URC, also adhering to HOP, procedures, and controls, thereby delivering high level service to clients.
• Processing of all life cycle events of letters of credit (import and export - issue, advise, amend, acceptance, discount, payment, checking documents)
• Processing of all life cycle events of collections (import/export, clean/documentary, remit,
present, acceptance, payment).
• Processing of all life cycle events of various financing products such as trade based loans,
promissory notes discounts, invoice discounting, letter of credit discounting, supply chain
• Adhere to governing rules, UCP, URC, ISP98, Head Office procedures, and all relevant controls.
• Develop and improve effective working relationships with all trade stakeholders.
• To support training requirements of team members.
• Ensure processing is affected in a team spirit and avoid silo based attitudes where people
should think beyond their immediate workspace and consider the wider team's pressure
points thereby delivering maximum efficiency.
• Retain and promote a customer first attitude. Communicate with clients in a professional and helpful way, embracing the Japanese culture within which you work and the corporate values that underpin our behaviours and attitude to the job at hand and the business we support.
• Develop and improve client relationships making us the preferred bank to deal with and
maximise our wallet share of business. Be flexible and cohesive with the rest of the team to
make solutions work and deliver high level service to our clients.
• Ensure compliance with all Bank and Regulatory requirements to mitigate financial
and compliance risks.
• See opportunities to assist in a selfless approach. Be upbeat, approachable and be part of
the drive to a motivated team
• Deliver effective solutions and make suggestions for improvements.
• Operate as product specialist providing subject matter expertise where required.
• Minimum 2 years' experience working in a trade finance operations environment including
checking shipping documents against UCP600, the LC itself and ISBP.
• Thorough understanding of all trade finance products, import and export LCs, collections, and financing.
• Knowledge of UCP600 and other relevant ICC publications
• Knowledge of money laundering controls relevant to trade finance.
• Awareness of UK and Head Office sanction policies
• Microsoft Office products
• Understanding of formatting Swift messages
• Excellent workflow and time keeping management
• Team building skills
• CDCS - Preferred