My client has a great opportunity for an Engineering Manager to join a small and friendly team at their office in Hope Valley.
As a pivotal member of the Engineering Team, you will help direct and oversees all functions of research and development, standard product design, customised product design and structured BOMS, people development, and outward communications.
* Manage 3 small teams of engineers to ensure an efficient and coherent approach to all engineering activities for standard products.
* Support the design and development of new products and standard product engineering by applying Engineering best practise and facilitate a culture of cost-effective continuous improvement and lead initiatives to optimise efficiency and accelerate project execution.
* Oversee the daily activities of the R&D engineers and BOM team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project guidelines and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
* Oversee the daily activities of about mechanical / electrical draughting team, to ensure that the team is working within the agreed project guidelines and ensuring all project goals and objectives are being met.
* Ensure all design teams are working to appropriate Directives, Regulations and BS Standards, keeping abreast of any changes.
* Actively seek ways of improving the teams' current methods, systems, processes, and structures, find ways to use time and resources more cost effectively - ensure team adherence to defined best working practices.
* Lead good working practice, ensuring that all teams apply design techniques such as design for manufacture, design for assembly etc.
* Manage/oversee departmental projects are delivered within the agreed scope specification; ensure open communication with key stakeholders on plans, progress, and viability of projects to assure that business needs are met in a timely manner.
* Ensure all new and existing equipment complies with all relevant safety and performance standards.
* Gain knowledge of existing products, materials, design rules and production techniques with the aim of leading on the redevelopment of existing products by enhancing these techniques, reducing materials costs, and improving production efficiencies where possible.
* Work with the Director of Operations and HR as required to define personal development and training plans for the team.
* Contributing to, chair and record meetings and discussions,
Key Skills & Qualifications:
* Degree qualified in a relevant discipline including mechanical / electrical / product design or be able to demonstrate work at an appropriate level.
* Post graduate qualifications or professional accreditations beneficial (Chartered, MBA etc)
* Proven experience of managing multi-disciplined engineering design and development teams, supporting and designing high volume products, with design for manufacture in mind.
* Experience of the design of furnaces or industrial ovens is beneficial but not essential using 2D & 3D Solidworks / SolidEdge 2D & 3D.
* Knowledge of Zuken Electrical Design software is advantageous as is Team centre PLM software, but full training can be given.
* Good knowledge of mechanisms, gearing, basic pneumatics with an ability to perform basic calculations as required.
* Good knowledge of designing for welding and fabrication.
* Salary c£60k dependent on experience and qualifications.
* 37.5 Hours per week, Mon-Thurs 8.00 - 4.45 pm, Friday 8.00 -12.30 pm
* Company Bonus Scheme.
* Generous salary sacrifice pension plan with 7.5% Employer contributions and with 8 x salary death in service policy.
* 26 days annual leave - plus statutory days.
* Health Scheme membership and Hospital Treatment Plan.
* Cycle to Work salary sacrifice scheme
* Free on-site parking
* Access to employee assistance programme to help with life's challenges