Auditor - £25,000 basic (+ performance-related bonus)
Our client is a leading business consultancy working with UK companies. They deal with every type of sector and every level of company, therefore the types of businesses engaged are diverse - generally audits are conducted with the senior management of limited companies.
This client facing role involves asking questions about businesses' activities, trying to ascertain when certain projects began, establishing whether it was a success or failure and calculating the people and costs involved. Auditors must develop a strong understanding of HMRC legislation and activity, however previous experience of this is not required to be successful in the role, as training will be provided. This knowledge is then applied to clients' businesses and a report is developed, spelling out the level of approved activity present.
This is an exceptional opportunity to join an established company who are undergoing a period of sustained, organic growth. You will be rewarded by a bonus scheme; regular pay reviews based on achievement of key targets - basic salary has the scope to increase to £55,000.
This role is split approximately between 1/3 of the week spent on report writing and internal documentation and 2/3 on client visits, with regular overnight stays required.
This role requires both strong analytical skills and the ability to be client facing.
Role and Responsibilities:
* Overall business analysis including discussions about the shape of a client's business and the internal processes within it to establish qualifying projects (purpose, problems, solutions, time frames)
* Establishing the extent to which business processes have been re-engineered to obtain the best results
* Establishing key staff involved in projects (roles, background, experience)
* Evaluating qualifying research and development activity present in relation to HMRC legislation
* Reviewing and interpreting the organisation's financial accounts
* Formulating a report on key activity and associated qualifying costs
* Thoroughly documenting activity on the company's internal systems
* Attention to detail and robust organisational skills - including time management
* Strong verbal and written communication proficiency and proven ability to guide stakeholders to achieve common goals
* Ability to interact with clients in a professional and technically competent manner with exceptional interpersonal skills
* Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with senior business owners/leaders
* Professional report writing experience (e.g. strategies, reports, briefings)
* Strong analytical skills, with a methodical, systematic approach to problem solving
* Client engagement experience, either with businesses or non-profits
* Clean driving licence
* Team working skills - along with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others from a wide range of backgrounds
* Awareness to learn
Experience of one or more of following would be beneficial:
* Quantitative or qualitative research experience
* Business Process Engineering experience
* Six Sigma
* Experience working in sectors where R&D is prevalent (e.g. manufacturing, technology).
Extensive training is provided.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday - 9 am to 5.00 pm - Flexibility to work outside these hours may be required due to business demands.
KEYWORDS: Audit, analysis, analytical, reports, Prince2, Six Sigma, project management, research, proposal, tender
Unfortunately due to time restrictions we cannot respond to every applicant, in the event that we haven't contacted you within 48 hours please take it you have not been successful for this particular role, but your details will be kept on file and considered for all future vacancies.
We are acting on behalf of the client as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We are an equal opportunities agency and welcome applicants from all backgrounds