We are looking for a Legal Assistant to join our Personal Injury team in our Bath office. The successful candidate will provide efficient and effective administrative support to the team, enabling the team/department to function effectively and achieve its objectives.
Personalised Client Service
* Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of fee earners
* Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, document production (incl. audio-typing, managing voice recognition procedures and outsourcing providers), filing/ archiving, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
* Draft documents using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
* Undertake basic legal processes, under supervision, such as assisting to process cases through portals, obtaining relevant documentation, arranging case meetings, arranging funding, liaising with the court, completing relevant forms and processing monies.
* Correspond with clients as required through telephone, email and letter
* Providing excellent client service at all times and adhere to the firms Client Experience (CX) principles
* Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
* Check to ensure all work complies with risk management policies and procedures, in particular concerning file opening processes and anti-money laundering. Audit files with the department to ensure files comply with risk management policies and procedures
* Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments
* Update the CRM system to input data and manage the client information through the system including adding contact details, referrals and new clients.
* Support fee-earners by acting as a point of contact for 3rd parties (such as agents, referrers, experts and other solicitors), responding to enquiries and building a good rapport
* Act as an ambassador for the firm at all times
* Build relationships with the team and clients based on trust
* Work closely with members of the team to ensure work is done to the best it can be
* Be open to and look for new ways of working
* Coordinate team activities such as meetings, training or social activities
Financial & Operational Excellence
* Time record for all work where possible
* Make effective use of the relevant firm IT systems, working efficiently and streamlining processes where possible
* Input into procedural changes, making suggestions for improvement and efficiencies. Take ownership of small projects where appropriate.
* Previous experience within a Legal Assistant or Administrative role - Desirable
* Excellent organisation capability with the ability to effectively prioritise - Essential
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Office suite and other relevant IT platforms - Essential
* Strong written communication skills - Essential
* Demonstrate a good understanding of client relationship management - Essential
We are a progressive UK Top 100 law firm known for our commercial, private client, clinical negligence and personal injury work.
Our firm has 450 people with offices in Bath, Oxford, London, Swindon and Marlborough.
At Royds Withy King, people come first. Our brand is built around being 'Ahead of the Curve'. By this we mean always trying to put ourselves in our clients' shoes, looking ahead to the future, anticipating their needs and coming up with solutions.
We also pride ourselves on providing a brilliant place to work. We recognise that investing in our people and their career is the only way we can succeed in achieving what is best for our clients. Our friendly, accessible and supportive culture is incredibly important to us and we are continually looking at new ways to nurture and enhance it. Our people tell us that this is a firm with a flat structure, where everyone has a voice and everyone's opinions matter.
Over a number of years, we have developed a robust and transparent framework which shows you exactly what you need to achieve in order to grow your career at the firm. This isn't just about hitting KPIs.
The framework helps you to understand how your contribution and behaviours are woven together to create the basis for your progression in the firm. From Secretary to Partner, you can see exactly what is expected of you along the way