Contract: 1-year fixed term contract (opportunity to convert to permanent position)
Hours: 40 hours per week (includes alternate Saturdays), Early/late shift pattern:
7am- 4pm (early)
11am - 6.30pm (late)
6 weeks holiday (to be taken during school holidays).
Salary: £100-£120 per day
Protocol Education is working with a friendly, vibrant school in the borough of Enfield seeking a site manager.
Main Purpose of the Job
To be responsible for all aspects of site management including a wide range of duties and responsibilities connected with the fabric and grounds of the school. This includes security, cleanliness, porterage, monitoring contracts/contractors, routine maintenance and refurbishment, minor repairs, advising the School Business Manager/Headteacher on suggested improvements to the general school environment, to improve the productivity of site management and to carry out pre-planned maintenance programmes.
• To ensure that the management and maintenance of the school buildings and environment are effectively undertaken.
• To be responsible for the health & safety of the site.
• To undertake repairs and DIY projects.
• To create and maintain an effective premises team ensuring that the changing needs of the school are met through training and development of the premises staff.
• To delegate tasks as appropriate to other site staff or outside contractors, ensuring Health & Safety regulations are strictly adhered to.
• To monitor the performance of the cleaning contractor and liaise with the area manager to ensure a clean, tidy and well-maintained school environment.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Anisha on (phone number removed) or email (url removed)
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see (url removed)/candidates/frequently-asked-questions for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.