B&CE have an exciting opportunity to join our growing team Investment team as Operations Analyst. We are looking for a candidate with operational experience in an investment company who will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Operational Analyst currently works in the office two days per week.
The Operations Analyst will provide specialist technical support within Investment Operations of the Investment team. This position reports directly into the Senior Operations Analyst.
• Ensure timely delivery of investment reporting to internal and external parties
• Assist the Senior Operations Analyst in defining the reporting requirements for each business area. Work collaboratively with departments to ensure ongoing reporting continues to meet business needs
• Proactively work in finding and implementing improved efficiencies within daily activities.
• Manage the Fund Fact Sheet production process and dissemination of investment related data externally including the relationship with data vendors
• Ensure accuracy of investment data in all internal and external communications
• Active monitoring of a Third-party trade allocation system, ensuring outputs are in line with expectations and pre warn team if thresholds are being breached.
• FX performance review (as required)
• Review swing pricing data reporting any issues as required.
• Review daily pricing reports forwarding any Fair Value Pricing incidents to the HOIO or delegate for review.
• Monitoring Stale price, Fair Value and Swing scenarios communicating with third parties, referring incidents to the Senior Operations Analyst or HoIO or their delegate for review.
• Monitoring of Bank Holidays directly affecting the pricing of the funds, referring incidents to the Senior Operations Analyst or HoIO or their delegate for review.
• Participating in deep dive analysis of trading positions, cash flows, performance attribution, & price comparisons in relation to Index movements, benchmark divergence etc (this list is not exhaustive) Resulting analysis to ensure external parties have conducted their pricing functions correctly to reflect the true market movements over set periods.
• Support the Senior Operations Analyst with the technical analysis for all critical Investment Team and business-related projects i.e., Segregated Accounts. Creating macro excel spreadsheets to support the same whilst incorporating proprietary systems as an when required.
• Periodic trading of Non-TPP schemes.
• Preparation of data and reconciliation of investment related invoices
• Reconciliation of cash flow movements into and out of the fund range, working with finance department to clarify any discrepancies.
• Chair quarterly Finance and Investment Operations meeting (agenda setting, run meetings, produce action list)
Skills & Experience:
• Minimum A level or equivalent
• Graduate or 1 years' experience working within the financial industry
• Demonstrable understanding of the financial markets
• Essential to be self-motivated and disciplined. Ability to work autonomously.
• First class communication (written and oral) and presentation skills
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Excel proficient (including VBA or willingness to learn VBA)
• Good technology skills
• Good interpersonal relationship-building skills
• Willingness to accept change and work within a team environment
• Willingness to learn and develop new skills
• A desire to study for the IMC or similar industry qualification
• Self-motivated, disciplined, and organised
B&CE is an equal opportunities employer. We believe everyone has the right to be treated fairly, with dignity and respect. We are committed to treating all our people (and all who apply for a role at B&CE) equally and enabling them to perform at their best and demonstrate what they have to offer. We are a disability committed employer, please let us know if you need any reasonable adjustments made to our recruitment process (application, selection assessments where relevant, and interview) to enable you to show us the best you.
Our people are our strength so finding ways to value and reward them is important to us. That's why we offer an award-winning pension - it's what we're good at - plus health care cover, an onsite gym, access to a personal trainer... even the odd massage. And if they're feeling peckish after all that activity, they can always refuel in our subsidised restaurant or grab some fruit - we get a big delivery every week. Discover more of B&CE's employee benefits including our training programme, which is designed to give our people the support they need to develop a fulfilling career