Operations Manager Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
Chatsworth Hall, Matlock / Hybrid
Grade 13 £42,513 - £46,156 per annum
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Property Maintenance Section for a dynamic and committed individual to manage the Mechanical & Electrical Operations Team.
You will lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team of operatives and technical experts in providing an efficient and effective maintenance delivery service that supports the Councils Asset Management Framework relating to the Authority's property interests. You will lead an energetic team in achieving targets to ensure all maintenance programmes of work and statutory compliance activities are delivered on time and within budget, working within all necessary legal and statutory requirements.
You will be joining a team of dedicated and ambitious individuals and have a manager who is supportive and keen to facilitate your development.
What will I be doing:
• Manage and supervise a multi-disciplinary team of electrical and mechanical service delivery engineers, team leaders and managers in providing an efficient and effective maintenance delivery service to a broad range of internal and external customers.
• Manage contracts and sub-contractors employed to deliver services for the Council.
• Liaise with and advise design engineers, surveyors, estimators, and other design team professionals to deliver a collaborative service.
• Manage and deliver the programmes of statutory compliance testing for internal and external customers to ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
This list is not exhaustive, take a look at our comprehensive job profile for more detail.
What skills and experience do you need to have:
• Be enthusiastic, versatile and self-motivated, demonstrating strong and effective leadership with the ability to work well as part of a team
• Confidence to work under pressure and manage several tasks simultaneously
• Educated in Building Services Engineering to Level 6 or Level 4 HND equivalent with significant experience in the discipline, supported with registration to appropriate trade organisation, Gas Safe / NICEIC or CIBSE.
• Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with attention to detail
• Expert in communicating effectively across a range of formats to a wide variety of customers.
What we offer you:
• 27 days of annual leave plus another 5 once you reach 5 years of continuous service
• Flexi time, allowing up to an additional 2 days of leave per month
• Generous local government pension scheme
• Guaranteed incremental annual pay increases
• Cycle to work scheme
• Discounts at selected county leisure centres
• Access to electric vehicle for work related journeys and much more!
Our M&E Operations Team is contractually based in Matlock, Derbyshire, but as part of our Modern Ways of Working programme we are currently working on a hybrid basis. There'll be an opportunity to discuss future working arrangements at interview.
We're always pleased to hear from talented people so if you're looking to join a dynamic team and have the skills and experience we're looking for, then we'd like to hear from you.
Provisional Interview Dates: 18th July 2022
Due to this post having administrative privileges within the Council's IT systems, and in order to comply with the Public Services Network requirements, the successful candidate will be required to undertake a Basic criminal record check. The possession of a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an applicant from obtaining this post, as all cases are judged individually according to the nature of the role and information provided