A Birkenhead based law firm are currently looking to recruit a Legal Costs Assistant to support the law costs draftsman on a one to one basis. As a Law Costs Assistant you will be assisting to ensure damages and costs are received within the agreed time frames and to assist the companies Costs Draftsman and Accounts team when required.
Experience in the use of the case management system Proclaim would be advantageous but not essential and you must have a keen interest in legal costs.
- Chasing damages and costs
- Deal with fixed costs disputes
- Provide a brief chronology of the case and pass over for enforcement when payment is overdue
- Good knowledge of CPR 45
- Good knowledge of fixed costs case law
- Manage a task list and deal with deadlines
- Arrange Bill of Costs for service
- Collating disbursements
- Ability to work well in a team