Project accountant, Management Accountant, programme accountant, Local Government accountant Your new company
This Local Authority is going through a period of transformational change and is looking for additional senior resource to deliver on their strategic objectives. It is a really exciting opportunity to work directly with the strategic leaders to deliver a council wide programme of change, restructure of service delivery and cost savingsYour new role
You will be supporting the Corporate Management Team in delivering a wide ranging savings programme and restructuring of the Council's budgets by:
What you'll need to succeed
- Assessing the financial performance of the Council's services
- Analysing costs, spend and income across all areas of the Council
- Identifying opportunities for savings or revenue generation
- Carrying out zero based budgeting activity
- Building budgets for restructured services
- Supporting the development and implementation of a new operating model
- Working closely with budget holders and constructively challenging the status quo
You must have senior level Local Government experience, and be used to delivering to Corporate management. You must be able to be a self-starter and work with all the various budget holders, and therefore great communication skills are as important as the technical ones.What you'll get in return
This role could be predominantly homes based, but ad-hoc meetings on site may be required, Flexible working options such as part time or compressed hours would be considered. The salary will be based on experience, and it is for a 12 month (initial) periodWhat you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.