This is a 12 month contract
Background to the Manufacturing Team
Manufacturing Team was specifically created in 2011 to produce the Companies portfolio of smaller, high value bioprocess systems to the highest level of efficiency, quality and cost. Since then we have significantly expanded the product range and continue to look for high quality staff.
Key Job Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
• Work hands on as part of the assembly team to build, wire and test products.
• Follow a defined process accurately.
• Ensure that production documentation is correctly recorded and is kept up to date.
• Effective communication with Flex Cell Leader to maintain maximum efficiency.
• Work as part of the team to ensure work is completed to required timescales, output and quality targets.
• Involved in the implementation and maintenance of Lean manufacturing and 5S philosophies.
No mandatory Qualifications Advantageous:
Apprenticeship, City & Guilds, BTech or equivalent in an Engineering subject
• Experience of working in a manufacturing, production or assembly environment
• Knowledge in some basic mechanical assembly techniques
• Comprehension of some engineering principles Advantageous:
• Experience of working in a cell-type manufacturing environment
• Has worked in 5S and Lean Manufacturing environments
• In process testing Key Job Skills
• Able to understand basic mechanical drawings
• Able to problem solve (training will be given)
• Able to complete documentation in a timely manner
• Able to inspect and identify faulty components
• PC literate
• Able to follow a defined process without deviation
• Able to read and understand basic electrical drawings
• Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing, 5S and Continuous Improvement
• Ability to skilfully use a wide range of engineering handtools
• Able to communicate at all levels effectively and ask for help when necessary
• Professional/conscientious manner of working
• Safety conscious
• Able to work on own initiative
• Team worker
• Focused approach to tasks
• Able to multi-task
• Reliable and trustworthy
• Understanding of quality, cost and efficiency
• Able to work under pressure
• Keen for knowledge and new skills
• Flexible approach to working hours
• Good documentation skills
• Ability to self-prioritise
• Enthusiastic approach to tasks
• Flexible and confident
• Ability and curiosity to identify process improvements
We are committed to equality of opportunity, and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships