Our work matters to millions. It will matter to you too. Join our Rail team as a HSES Compliance Advisor and you'll be a big part of fascinating, complex, varied and meaningful work.
This role will be covering HSES compliance on our Rail projects in the Midlands, South East and South West. The role can be flexibly based from one of our offices within these area's. The position will involve regular travel (maximum 3 days a week) to sites in these regions. A company car will be provided.
What you'll be doing:
* Support and deputise for the Rail HSE Compliance Manager.
* Support our Three Business Units by implementing an independent programme of Boots on the Ground site assurance activities which focus on Rule Book compliance together with our fatal risk controls.
* Provide specialist advice to the business on client/industry standard requirements so that requirements are clearly understood and are consistently followed.
* Suitably plan for and facilitate external assurance activities on behalf of the Rail business in relation to Railway Industry and ISO standard requirements to ensure ongoing certification.
* Support the Rail HSE Compliance Manager with communicating and embedding change through established Rail Industry Working Groups.
* Support future internal succession planning within the Compliance function.
Who we're looking for:
* NEBOSH Certificate
* Internal/Lead Auditor Qualification
Skills and Experience
* Have a sound understanding of current Health and Safety Legislation
* Previous experience of working within the field of health and Safety
* A current PTS holder with demonstrable experience of working within an operational railway environment
* Experience of being able to apply key Railway Legislation and Operational Health and Safety standards at the site of work
* Previous experience of being involved in the roll out of behavioural safety programmes
* Previous experience of undertaking assurance activities, including Management system audits, and planned general inspections at the site of work
* Have a good working knowledge of the Railway Industry Supplier Qualification Scheme (RISQS)
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to effectively prioritise workload when under pressure
* Good presentation skills
* Self-motivated and results focussed, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
* Someone who is looking to develop their career and experience within field of Health and Safety compliance within the Railway environment
* Must be prepared for frequent travel to sites of work across the UK in order to meet the needs of the business
* A people person with the ability to effectively support, coach and influence others
Why work for us:
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on